Thursday, October 20, 2011

Paint, paint, paint everywhere!-Workshop with Dina Wakley

 Having spent a glorious three days being taught , (not teaching) by Dina Wakley I have decided that I am messy! The entire weekend , Friday through Sunday was spent using paints, which I managed to get everywhere! ( Sorry Dy! LOL) i even found them up  my arm after I had showered !! Don't ask me how, but my new handbag  acquired gesso inside it!! Miss Messy indeed! LOL I spent the entire weekend in the presence of some wonderful ladies, Teresa, (who was kind enough to invite me out to dinner with her friends..thank you I had the best time) Liz, Nikki, Hannah, and Chris.
For those of you who asked, I did get to Betty's and sat in the window, sipping a Viennois coffee (yummy) and eating their chocolate biscuits!  I even managed to shop in Leeds on the way home!

Sewing anyone?

I almost forgot in my excitement to show you what we made! Day 1 was a birdie canvas,  containing lots of paint and pencil. Do you like it? mmmm think it needs work....

Day 2 was my favorite.. a Coptic stitched book, which I loved creating, with lots of painted pages and stamping using Dina's stamps... still a work in progress...





The final day for me , was hard, intuitive painting is not one of my strong points, but I persevered, and the challenge for me was quite hard! I only admit this to people I know! LOL! The final outcome was to make this into a book.

I do admit I loved it once it was made.

 It was a glorious messy painty weekend. Thank you to Dina and Dyan  , I am full of ideas that take me out of the norm, and into getting messy!!

11 comments:

Sid said...

Glad you had a fab time Jennie !!

Artyjen said...

What a glorious painty time you had! :)
xoxo Sioux

Jacqueline said...

Ooooooh lots of paint and colour! Looks like you really enjoyed yourself ! :)

I treated myself to a workshop class too....I'm off to Pickleberry Papercrafts on saturday for the Tim Holtz print tray. Travelling down from Scotland on friday and I can't wait !! Never been able to afford a class before so this will be my first time. Please be kind lol

LOVE that intuitive painting though! That's amazing!

Thanks for sharing and see you Saturday :D

Jackie x

Joanne said...

Well done you for taking the challenge. Love the bird canvass.
Hugs Joanne xx

Laura said...

We must get together sometime and have a Ms Messy competition. I always seem to be the messiest person at any workshop and have to try real hard not to spread. I always love to see your Wednesday desk as it is so reminiscent of mine. It is comforting to know that there is someone else out there as messy as me! LOL

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Fabulous weekend wasn't it! Was wonderful to meet you, just wish I had more chance to speak to you. I had a blob of gesso on my cheek for 3 days LOL

Clare

JoZart Designs said...

What a great inspiring post . It really makes me want to get stuck in and inky, painty. Thanks for sharing the results ( which I love) and the fun,
Love joZarty x

Dylan said...

I'm still cleaning your area.!!! lmao

Netty said...

wow you obviously had a great painting time, x

Lucy Edmondson said...

Beautiful work and glad you had a chance to play,

Lucy x

VickiA said...

such a fab weekend wasn't it, but have you invested in that sports bra yet to minimise paint spread! LOL