Friday, November 11, 2011

eleven, eleven, eleven

Today is the eleventh day of the eleventh month of the eleventh year in the 21st century! Now, I have decided to post this at eleven minutes past the hour of the eleventh hour of the day, and am hoping that blogger will be kind to me, and do it! I made a tag in honour of Remembrance Day, lest we forget!
The tag was made using the age old technique of serendipity. I inked some paper and stamped some, cut up into small sqaures, and mixed them up, glued them down and then added the numbers 11. I made a poppy from grungepaper, using the Tattered Floral die, and inked it with distress stains which are on offer this month.




Hoping you have a creative eleventh day!

10 comments:

flutterbycrafter said...

Gorgeous tag, very apt and thank you for posting at the time and date, brought tears to my eyes, a wonderful thought xx

Pam said...

What a very special tag for 11,11,11!
Pam

Gabrielle said...

Jennie - think this is a wonderfully fitting tribute to those who went before us. Thank you for sharing x

Helen said...

Great tag, Jennie and a great tribute. Like your sense of timing! It was very poignant this year as my Mum (and Dad) for that matter both served during WWII and with losing Mum so recently.... well you know what I mean!

Fuchsia said...

Very poignant!
and lovely x

Joanne said...

I get a lump every rememberance day and your lovely tag did just that to me plus a teary eye.
Hugs Joanne xx

Lynn W. said...

Your tag is wonderful Jennie and what a lovely tribute too!

Unknown said...

Great tribute to our guys past and present! This really caught my eye in my blog list - love the idea of being able to use this technique for offcuts.

Thanks for the idea!

Sid said...

Great tag bringing home the 'lest we forget' sentiment.

Spyder said...

I did the same. but unlike you didn't have anything with 11 on it...so, getting ready for year when it's the 12 12 12 quite spooky really. Great makes.
(Lyn)