Saturday, November 29, 2008

More butterflies

When I did the last butterfly, I loved the idea, so have worked a bit more on it, and although I think they are probably a little too near the mark, I wanted to express how I felt about the children that perished in the awful concentration camps and ghettos during the Second World War.
I used Tim Holtz's Masks again, only this time I used the negative part of it, and more distress inks. I layered the masks, and stamped negative and then positive too. I also stamped the child's faces over the masks, and then masked with a negative mask to colour in their faces. A bit fiddly, but was pleased with the result. It is a technique that I shall try again.

4 comments:

Viv said...

Beautifully poignant Jennie.....and what a wonderful tribute at the Museum...

June said...

How beautiful Jennie. Truly inspirational
Hugs June xxx

Hels Sheridan said...

Jennie, I don';t think that they are too near the mark hun, I think that they are very poignant and beautiful ... hugs xx

Tonniece said...

Very lovely Jennie