Since I have had my blog, I have made much more artwork than I ever did, and this week I planned a project using alcohol inks, limited edition stamps on promotion, and the Stampbord blocks. It was all planned in my head, and then I had a phone call from Calvin which set me thinking....
He asked about the new Tim Holtz masks, and we got talking, and one thing led to another, and the complicated masking project that I had in my head suddenly got easier! I remembered about the batik technique using clear embossing powder, and wondered how it would work with alcohol inks and Stampbord. It works beautifully!
I started with this piece, using the new simple swirls on gold paper, embossed them in clear and dabbed alcohol ink over the embossing. Then I laid a piece of paper or you can use kitchen towel, on top of the artwork, and using the iron on a high setting I ironed until the embossing powder had been removed. I didn't move the iron too much, but it did take a couple of goes! You can see the effect really well.
Stampbord ATC with Alcohol ink and embossed on top
The residue from ironing ( I love this piece)
Finally I made the bigger version, but I am not totally enamoured with it, but it was good experiment in embossing, and the use of alcohol inks!
I do hope you like the technique and although it is not a new one, has endless possibilities.