Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Oh Bright Star!

I am quite amazed as yesterday I created something!! As you know I always try to stock most of Tim Holtz products, and of course, most of the Sizzix Alterations too. One of my friends used the Bright Star to great effect on a card, and I kind of pilfered one(don't tell Mal!)  from the shop, and wondered if I could use one of the mini Movers and Shapers to create a focus on the star. WOW! loved what it did, and although I did make a tiny mistake I loved the idea and will be back with more. To make it cut out two stars and if you are using patterned paper, make sure you cut them on opposite sides. i.e. make sure the tags that are there to glue them together, are on opposite sides. It is quite hard to explain, but if you have this die, you can match up two of them to make a hanging star.



I then cut out the holly by placing the die on the mini holly, and running it through my machine. Do this as many times as you like.  I then glued green paper to the inside, and because I was in a hurry folded them the wrong way and got two sides the same, so I glued them together and added mini tinsel to hide the join! Makes sense? No it doesn't to me either... but the end result is gorgeous. There are actually two sides to this star, but I forgot to photograph the other side! I was just so excited to have created something!!!
 
 


The die also has a mini star too, so here I made it out of Co-ordinations, inked it up with a little distress ink on the folds to give it a bit of depth, and added Multi Medium matte , and covered it in Ranger's Distress Stickles Dry Glitter. Oh I am in lurve..it is the best glitter I have ever used, and if you know me, I am definitely NOT a glitter girl!!


If you fancy trying this technique, and making a mini star, we will be making this in Saturday's Christmassy tags at The Artistic Stamper. We will be using dies, and Tim's stamps and glitter , of course!
Have a very creative day
Hugs

1 comment:

Pam said...

Glad you got some creative time! Love the glittery star!!