Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Do you dab?

Over the weekend at Stamp Addicts I demoed Dabbers and Distress inks, and distress stickles and Grungeboard. To show some of the techniques, I made a set of chipboard tags, and I thought I would show you and explain some of the techniques over the next couple of days.
I used the word CREATE to do 5 tags..
C is for pearl! I know I cannot spell! 
Here I mixed Pearl Dabber and Pool Dabber on a craft mat and using Cut N Dry Foam, mixed them together and swooshed over the tag. Allow to dry naturally, although you can heat dry it. The effect, which gives a  fabulous pearly effect, does not show up on the scan sadly :( I used the same colours on the Grungeboard Letter and rubbed off the excess adding a little tiny bit of denim too. The stamp was inked in cobalt archival, and well I just had to add a grungepaper flower!! what else do you expect!

R-means masking .. bet you didn't know that! See I told you I couldn't spell! Here I have stamped the tag in The Artistic Stamper dots background using cobalt archival ink, and then laid on top one of Tim's Idea-ology mini masks. Using the same technique of putting some dabber colours on a craft mat, this time Pool and Aqua, I dabbed them over the mask moving the mask when it was dry. Make sure you clean the mask off thoroughly when you have finished. The Dabbers are water soluble, so water on a cloth works well.  The grungeboard letter was distressed inked in Faded Jeans and I rubbed Weathered Wood stickles over it.

A little tip make sure you shake the dabbers well before use, and if they are slightly dry them add water from a spritzer to them. These are techniques and not perfect pieces of art, and tomorrow I will show you letters A and E , that's Art and Embossing...lol
Have a Dabber of a Day ( sorry couldn't help it!)

10 comments:

whyducks said...

You just get better and better, wonderful thanks for sharing, you must be sooo tired as well with all your demoing. x

Anonymous said...

Not fair! You can't inspire a gal and then leave her hanging! I want to see them all and I want to see them all right now!

So beautiful. Thank you.

donna said...

Thank you for sharing. These are great !

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Going to try these today, thanks, and btw, I gotta' say Rachel said it all......can't wait for the rest.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant, and you just gave me an idea for something! TFS Jennie! x

Julie Ranae said...

Great technique and the colors are just right for eye!

Lynn Stevens said...

Would have Loved to have seen these
being demoed (is that spelled right?) teehee. They look awesome. I be watching for those other Letters!

Sid said...

Lovely stuff Jennie, very inspirational !

House of Hullabaloo said...

I like the grunge look. I haven't tried the dabbers. Thanks for the inspiration!

camcraft said...

Stunning! Your tutorial is fab. I have a couple of the 'dabbers' great to be shown/told how to get the most from them! Thank you :-)
Carole x