Monday, December 19, 2011

Blue Christmas...

I always spend the run up to Christmas  making cards in the vain hope I might actually get them in the post, or in the case of friends through their letterboxes! I often make the same ones, get a production line going, and in this case, die cutting galore! I used sticky back foil, Tim's bauble die , some very unchristmassy paper from the Shabby Chic Vintage Paper stack, and lots of glue! I cut out the baubles in the sticky back foil layered onto glossy card, and ran it through a snowflake embossing folder..Add some alcohol ink to the die cut bauble, matted and layered the card ( my matting is far from straight ( will anyone notice? LOL) and my production line is ready... only trouble is I have far too many to make to catch the last first class post by tomorrow...:((

I expect you are far more organised than me.. I mean I still have Christmas presents to buy...
Have a very creative day
Hugs

5 comments:

Sid said...

I'm no more ahead with preparations than you are Jennie, nice embossed card !!

Helen said...

Great card - I am ahead of you - just got some wrapping to do.... have a great Christmas, one way or another!!

Jacqueline said...

You too huh? I haven't got ONE card written or posted, and as for presents? .... Bah Humbug lol.

'tis a lovely card though and I do like the idea of using 'unchristmassy' paper! :)

Best wishes to you and your family for the Christmas season. :D

Take care

Jackie x

Netty said...

Look on the bright side Jennie, if you don't make the post you will be so ready for next year....... Happy Holidays, x

Jan Hennings said...

I haven't mailed my Christmas cards and really should get on the ball!