Friday, April 06, 2012

Spray Tag Tutorial

Happy Good Friday to you! This weekend is a long weekend for everyone here in the UK, and at the moment here in the southeast of the UK, the sun is shining, and I have a very special visitor to play with today ( my husband's grandson :)) so cuddly!!) and I have lots of treats in store for you this weekend!
Firstly I thought I would share with you a technique I came across by accident a few weeks ago. Having been taught by Dyan Reaveley the technique of rolling a kitchen towel roll across wet spray paints to dry them. I was playing with Color Wash spray paints on glossy card, and this just happened!
Color Wash & Glossy Tag

I sprayed lots of colour onto a glossy card tag,

Wet sprays

and then rolled a patterned kitchen or paper towel across the paints to dry them. I rolled it lightly across and some of the paint stayed wet.. gorgeous patterns ensued!!

Roll the kitchen paper lightly over the sprayed tag


Patterned Paper towel.. perfect for other projects too!

Dried Glossy Tag

Dry the tag off with a heat tool, and then I stamped onto it with black Archival ink and some of The Artistic Stamper new stamps. . Loved this technique! Thanks Dyan!
Finished Tag

Now onto Easter, and the wonderful world of Easter eggs!! Don't you just love it when there are prizes involved? Well, sign up to my newsletter ( link on the sidebar of my blog) before Sunday evening, and you will be able to join in a special Easter Egg hunt on my website! Lots of prizes, and we have FREE postage too, for any orders that might slip into your basket in the meantime :))
I do hope you have a very restful, hopefully sunny weekend, and please let me know if you try the technique.
Have a creative Friday
Hugs

14 comments:

gayle said...

Great effect! I obviously need to go out and buy some patterned kitchen roll LOL

Joanne said...

Done that. It's exciting to see what happens. x

Jacqueline said...

Ooh must have a go at that!!

Thanks for sharing and Happy Easter... I placed my order last night lol....

Jackie x

Fliss said...

This looks gorgeous Jennie. Such vibrant colours too.
You might like to know that I often add extra ink to my mop up paper towels too to use them in artwork as they're sometimes far too nice to throw away!
Happy Easter to you too.
Fliss x

Sid said...

Fab effect, must try it and have a great Easter Jennie !!

Weasel said...

Great idea - must give this a try cos I have all the Color Wash sprays but don't often use them!

Nancy said...

How cool!! Thanks for sharing!!

Nancy said...

How cool!! Thanks for sharing!!

Pam said...

How fun! It really leaves a good pattern on the tag!!

Denise said...

Great technique - I might give this one a try.Thanks for sharing :-)

Fuchsia said...

Thats a fab technique thanks for sharing :0)

Anne Jagger said...

Loving that patterned effect!

Von said...

Woohoo love it Jennie
Von x♥x

Linda M. Cain said...

Wow! This is AMAZING!!!! I LOVE how the patterns came out.

~Linda