Friday, December 14, 2012

Lightbulb Moment!

 I have been in the shop all week, as Mal has other things to do, and it always delights me when one of my customers, or in this case, a friend, points out something that makes me go...of course! Doh! In this case, she asked me if the Textured Poinsettia embossing folder matched the Tattered Poinsettia die. Do you know I hadn't even thought about it! let's try it , and we did, and boy I am in love with it! Fits perfectly. It does mean you have to position it perfectly or of course you could cut round them after embossing it. Either way, thank you Mr Holtz, the light bulb this Christmas is now switched on! Check out the leaves , and the wings folder too...( can't vouch for the wings as I haven't got that die, but am guessing  it will!)
I used Core'dinations paper in red and green, cut them out , embossed them , and added some Distress ink to highlight the veins. I added one of The Artistic Stamper Christmas stamps to the tag. It is now hanging on our Christmas tree in the entrance.







If you haven't seen our website this week, we are having a Christmas extravaganza every day on the website, and today all orders, whether it be stamps or not will receive a FREE sheet of our Brand New much more Klingable Kling-On, our own brand repositionable cushioning. You can check it out here 
I am busy today manning the shop, and preparing for my last workshop of the year- Altered Book  IV. There are a couple of spaces left if you fancy a pre-Christmas get away from it all day!
Have very creative day.
Hugs

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that looks gorgeous.

Pam said...

Gorgeous tag Jennie! Loving the embossed poinsettia!

Helen said...

Love the embossed poinsettia - we shouldn't be surprised it fits, should we after all this time....!!!

Cazzy said...

That is gorgeous! I would love to have the die and folder.

Your Kling on sounds interesting,I am a fan of EZ mount, Kling On has always been difficult to work with to get the stamps on in the first place and it always tore easily too, so any improvement is welcome.

Words and Pictures said...

Stunning poinsettia!! Any time a lightbulb arrives is always welcome, I'd say...
Alison x

Weasel said...

Oh thats gorgeous - I was dithering about whether to buy that die and folder but now I need them both! Already got the leaves die and folder, just not had chance to use them yet.

Artyjen said...

Ooh! that looks fabby! xoxo Sioux

craftytrog said...

Looks fantastic Jennie! xxx

Redanne said...

Well if you are going to have a lightbulb moment then make it a good one, I say and you certainly have - the poinsettia is brilliant, it looks wonderful with so much texture!

Shoshi said...

Beautiful vintage-looking poinsettia. The texture is fabulous. What did you use for the centre of the flower?

KatzElbows said...

I love a good penny drops moment. You always feel such an idiot, but it's always a good thing. Especially in this instance when it leads to such an amazing tag.