Friday, March 22, 2013

Tim's Tattered Floral Challenge

I am always up for a challenge, and when I saw Tim's Tattered Floral Challenge, I was so ready to take part and create something with what probably is my favourite die of all time. OK, so I am very, very close to the deadline... I like to sail close to the wind!! It finishes in less than a day! Actually Tim's pin inspired me to use some hessian that I have, and also use the Distress paints, which I love! I did prep the hessian ( Burlap in the USA and Canada) to stop it fraying too much with Ranger's Glue 'n Seal, and then die cut it.



 I also used the mini tattered florals too. I painted them with blue tones of the paint, and added lighter colours and some of the Picket Fence on the edges too.



A silver button threaded with very fine hessian string through the middle, and lots of manipulating of the leaves to make it more flower like. It is actually a brooch, and providing the sewing doesn't come undone, I will probably wear it!





I feel a few more of these coming on.... Thank you Tim for the inspiration....
You have still a few hours to join in if you feel creative, and I believe Mario has some great blog candy too!
Hugs

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OH I love this flower, Jennie, I never think about making flowers with mine...... love the colour xx

Julia S-W said...

Great flowers. Love how you've coloured them and the preparation of the hessian is a great tip.

Lucy Edmondson said...

Great idea to add glue and seal to the hessian - it always frays really badly when I use it,

Lucy x

Words and Pictures said...

Ditto Lucy's comment - great tip, thank you! And I love your shabby denim look created with the blues and whites - only with added burlap texture - yum!
Alison x

ionabunny said...

A very pretty project. Thanks for the tip on the hessian

Claire said...

Lovely flowers & great tip for sealing the hessian.
C xx