I digress. I had painted a couple of strips of canvas and followed Claudine's instructions, and made the beads. I did stamp on them too with one of the swirls from The Artistic Stamper, so when I rolled them up, the stamp in black showed up. I liked the effect. But I had seen Suze's comment about dipping them in utee, so as the pot was hot, I threaded them on a knitting needle, and dipped and rolled them in the hot clear utee. Pulling them out of the pot, the utee had clung to the end of the knitting needle and as I had covered the needle in embossing ink, when cooled the whole bead including the end slid off the needle! I was so pleased as the bead had an end! You could cut off this end while warm, but I liked it so much, I filled it up with Suze's Waltz beadazzles! I then superglued in an eyepin, and had what I call my extended beads!
I did make 2 versions, and one s fatter and shorter than the other. Of course you could use beads rather than the canvas, or paper or almost anything you like. My photos are rather rubbish, but you get the idea.
A Claudine, Leandra (she is the inventor of Leandra beads) bead with a twist! Maybe a technique called the CLJ... mind you sounds a bit pretentious.....Have absolutely no idea if this has been done anywhere else, but I love the idea of adding the bedazzles,or any other component and when I get my meltpot out again I will be making more and and trying to refine it too. Would love to hear what you think,