Friday, January 01, 2010

New Year, New video!

I love it when there is a significance to a new year, and is 2010 the beginning of a new decade or the end of an old one? Technically there are 10 years in a decade and this is the tenth year, so you see my dilemma? Does it really matter, as this year I shall be trying making more art, trying to be more organised ( ha ha!) , and errr trying to be more tidy! The last one is a bit of a joke, as people who know me, know my tendency to lose stuff, but always claiming to know where it is! How many drawers have I opened last year looking for stuff, only to find I had moved it the week before, and had forgotten!!! I ALWAYS blame the ghost that lives in our house!!
This year will be my FIFTEENTH year as a rubber stamp manufacturer, and we will have lots of new designs, and lots more Mabel for you! Just watch this space!
I was thrilled this week to find out Hels' gorgeous creation using the Stitchels stamps was on the FRONT COVER of Craft Stamper magazine here in the UK, and there is a wonderful tutorial inside showing you how to make grungepaper roses using one of the Stitchels flower stamps.


Just by fortuitous fortune ( coo that is a long word!), and I truly did not know Hels had made front cover, I had made a video showing how to make Grungepaper Roses, and was planning to upload it today :) Watch out in the video for the Glossy Accents glue bottle which I had cut off the top too, as it had got very bunged up, and so now pours out glue! Much mess was made, and if you look closely you will see inky sticky fingers too! I did edit out the sneeze too..lol

To all my blog readers may 2010 bring you happiness, health and wealth!

13 comments:

Maureen said...

So far all my roses have been made using your stamps Jennie and they work fine, even tried some last night using good scrapbook paper - perfect!

Helen said...

Thanks for the video - although I've had a couple of goes at making these flowers it's so much easier following a video than written instructions. Happy New Year.

Lynn Stevens said...

Jennie, It was great to put a voice to your image. Love your accent! I wish I had seen the video
before I ever tried to make the roses! much easier to understand. I must say I had a bit of a giggle with the glossy accents! I thought I was the only one who did the same thing! LOL. Looking forward to seeing more this year!

whyducks said...

I think you work 24 hours a day Jennie, do you ever put your feet up?
New video very helpful and inspiring thank you. I am reading a book at the moment all about a land where all lost things and people live.(very good) All the odd socks etc that you can never find and all things that are never found end up in this world. So your comments about losing things reminded me of the book!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Katherine, I do work long hours, but also put my feet up, and mmmm this afternoon will spent watching old movies, I hope :)

Joanne said...

That's the best video I've seen this Christmas. Proper tips, techniques and instructions accompanied by a laugh a minute - oops! too much glue!! Great. Thanks and glad to see your fingers got as messy as mine. PS. Many, many thanks to your random number picker for chosing me as a candy winner. What a way to start 2010. xxxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Great vid Jennie - more I think, please! Happy New Year to you, really enjoyed re-acquaniting myself withyou and your style these last few months. Cheers to the power of blogging!

crafty creations said...

Simply Brilliant Jennie

Hugs Hilda

Valerie Bishop said...

Congrats on your stamp being on the cover of the magazine and thanks so much for the tutorial on the grunge flower rose - I had such a hard time curling the leaves on mine and loved seeing "in person" how to do them!! Have a great new year and hope the next decade is as great as the first!

Unknown said...

Great Video Jennie ... Happy New Year X

Anonymous said...

Jennie, you are awesome! I adore the grungepaper roses but had no idea how to make them! Thanks for the great video!

maddy hill said...

Well done Hels and Jennie !
wishing you a Happy and prosperous New Year hun xxx

love maddy xxxx

Lucy Edmondson said...

Thank you so much for such a clear video. I'm sure it will have helped people a lot. I was smiling about the Glossy Accents as I don't get on with anything with a nozzle, I just get it gummed up and normally take the top off and use a stick!

Lucy x