Thursday, April 01, 2010

Happy April!

Today is the 1st of April, (where does the time fly?) , and I was thinking that I could tell you all that I had won the lottery, was giving up stamping, and was going to live in a wonderful hot country where the suns shines all day long, and the beach is on my doorstep. But this post is after 1pm, and so misses the deadline of midday when all April Fool's should traditionally be done, so instead I will let you into some great news. Over on Gingersnaps, there is a new DT team, and I am so proud and honoured to be asked to be a contributing artist, along with other great paper artists. The theme this month is copper, ginger or rust, and I created a 3Dish type of piece using the new Maya Road Dress Form, and Ten Seconds studio metal and moulds.
I covered the dress form in Terra Sahara, and stamped into it with the lace stamp . You need to wet the stamp before using. Allow it to dry thoroughly. I then sprayed it with copper mica spray, and let it dry.
Making the metal roses was fiddly, and involved lots of glue, and rust alcohol ink. I made them using the 6 petal technique with copper metal and the Flower Power middle size stamp , and just loved how they turned out. The other flowers are made with the Ten Seconds Studio Kabuka Mould 10 and barn red metal which I ran through the big shot, and then made a sandwich of Humungo Tape and thick card. I cut them out and added rust and ginger and copper alcohol inks to them.

Thank you so much to Ali and Shar for inviting me to Gingersnaps...I am looking forward to making ART!
Don't forget to pop over and meet the new Design Team, and have a very Creative April 1st!

22 comments:

Helen said...

Love this - got to get some of these chip bits!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Jennie, this is GORGEOUS!!! I'm so happy I get to hang out with you at Gingersnaps-- you're truly an inspiration!

Calv said...

Great piece Jennie, i love the look of copper, people don't use it enough in crafts. Rust can be beautiful too!

Kath said...

You will be a great addition to any design team,Jenny. Enjoy it all. I love copper too.

Heavenly Anarchist said...

Lovely!. I want one of those dress forms!

Rosemary said...

Congratulations on the DT selection. Love the metal work.

Artyjen said...

Congrats! Partial to a bit of metal work myself :) Love the little roses.
xoxo

Julia Dunnit said...

I'd have believed it if you hadn't said you were going to giveup stamping. That, I willnever believe!
LOvely lovely piece. Wow.

Julie Ranae said...

What a perfect fit, Jennie...so happy for you!

Your piece is so 'you'! Lovely :) xx

Sid said...

Very nice metal flowers !

Lori said...

Wonderful piece! love the texture on the dress form and the metal is AWESOME!

Annelies said...

Wow those roses are absolutely gorgeous!

Chris said...

oooh wowwie what a fabulous piece of art and I can't imagine how fiddly those little pieces must have been. Amazing!!

hugs
Chris xx

Gillian .... said...

Congratulations on the Gingersnaps DT, I love the effect you have achieved on the dress form, those colours are so rich.

Janeyc49 said...

Great piece Jennie - I love the metal look.

Janet x

Sarah Anderson said...

i don't think you could ever give up stamping even if you won the lottery lol
gorgeous copper flowers Jenny :)
ps got my april fool up before lunch, but didn't leave it on it's own for long in case too many people believed it lol, should have left it longer between posts

Lucy Edmondson said...

I love this, Jennie. Love the dress form, the colours, all the individual metal roses and the texture,

Lucy x

Lynn Stevens said...

Hi Jennie, So glad to have you on board. Your metal flowers are just gorgeous! Those kabooka molds are so cool!
So if you won the lottery you'd just buy more stamp stuff right? heck with laying on some beach soaking up the sun!

Inger said...

Congratulations, I love Gingersnap!
Beautiful piece, these are my favourite colours.
Happy Easter to your all.

Angelnorth said...

Congrats on joining Gingersnap Jennie! Love the texture on this piece - fab!

Angie said...

The bird house arrived safely ...it is so cute ....thankyou so much ... ...my head is buzzing with ideas ...not sure which direction I shall take yet ,

Wow I can imagine how fiddly the roses were ...they look so good.

whyducks said...

Congrations Jennie love the metal work x