Friday, April 23, 2010

I have been busy...

Seems like an age since I posted on here, but this week has been so busy, that I haven't had time to even sit down and create or even find time to post! I do hope you didn't get caught up in the ash cloud. My son had to postpone his trip to New York and Central America, and became a VAV! Volcanic Ash Victim!
These are some of the tags that we created in my Distress ink workshop at Pickleberry, and we had a great time on both occasions! Love teaching my ladies :) Come on gentlemen, come and join our classes!
This is a selection of what I taught, and the front one is the splatter technique where you distress ink your tag and then taking globules (doesn't that conjure up lovely images? ) of water and literally throw them at the ink! Dry with a heat gun to keep the pools of water. The stamp used is from the popular Botanical Plate 1. Don't ask what colour distress inks I used, but probably Cracked Grass and Bundled Page!

 Over on Dan's blog, he has said what we all are thinking , and changed the words of the inks! My DH always changes them, and last night while updating the alcohol ink stock, he went for a walk in the Lake Mist, fell over a pebble, and landed in a pool! lol
Have a greatly Creative Day!
Hugs

14 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Looks like a fun class. I know how you feel. A crazy week for me as well.

Julia Dunnit said...

Yummy tags. How come I'm not in the pic? Oh I remember, I don't live near enough. *Sigh*

Crissi Harvey said...

Lovely tags i so wish there were classes up near where i live its like being out in the sticks LOL or i just dont know where to look

Unknown said...

Brilliant tags - and I am in the same 'boat' as Crissi - in a crafting wilderness!

maddy hill said...

fab tags at the class Jennie - poor hubby ! hope he is ok ... wet bum i expect !

its been one of those weeks for me too !
hugs
maddyx

Viv said...

Great Tags - looks like everyone enjoyed themselves!

Sid said...

Great tags, and there are some of us male crafters out there ! Dan's colour names really cracked me up too !

Julie Ranae said...

Great group of talent in that photo!

I am nearing some plans for a trip...let's hope the volcano ash is done by later summer ; )

Lorraine said...

they all looked like they enjoyed themselves..nice tags

Minxy said...

Looks like everyone had a jam packed day of fun, fabby tags the lot of them

Net said...

They're beautiful Jennie!

When are you moving north?

The Scrappy Tree said...

Great water effect!

Anonymous said...

Love the tags. x

Angelnorth said...

Lovely inky tags, glad your class had fun! Sorry your son ended up as a VAV, hope his trip is back on track soon!