Monday, April 05, 2010

Let's do Lace!

Today here in the UK it is a Bank Holiday Monday, where all the Sunday drivers go out in search of lunch, clogging up the roads, and people spend time with their families, and muggins here works! I shall be taking my Bank Holiday Monday on a Tuesday sometime soon, and go out in search of lunch and retail therapy! Ikea and Costco, I hear you calling! lol
Over on Hel's blog, the Sunday Stampers theme is Lace, a song I know and as soon as I saw the title I started singing it... how bad is that? Agadoo, doo, doo.. Anyways, I digress and we have such gorgeous lace stamps that I love using, that I altered a small window book, and added a utee moulded head, covered in Perfect Pearls to a Idea-ology Frame, that I added Precious Metal colour to, and attached it to the window of the book with long brads. I sprayed the book in all shades of Mica paint, some of which will be available at Ally Pally and in the shop after that. Where does the lace come into it , you ask? I stamped the Large Lace background on the cover in Cobalt blue Archival Ink, and I love the way this stamp just gives you an impression. The inside has the edging lace just stamped on the inside.


Hoping you are enjoying your day and watch out for Sunday drivers!
Hugs

21 comments:

Helen said...

Love the book! See you at Ally P on Saturday.. my purse is already crying at the thought....

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab book Jennie...thanks for joining in the challenge..you won't be winning the candy though ROFL xx

Annie said...

Love the book.
A x

Unknown said...

Oh yummy I have just posted a book that will fit this challeng too how cool is that thenk hun

Love Dawn xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

I totally adore this, Jennie, one of my favourite things of yours and that is saying a lot - I love the way the mould fits just so, and blends in, I love the lace, the colours, and the fact that is is a book and I love book artwork. Brilliant!
(I must go onto Hels' blog now, has she really got us singing Agadoo now, if she has I will tell her off!)

Lucy x

Sid said...

Love the effect !!

Artyjen said...

I have no intention of going any where near any Sunday drivers! LOL
Love the lace effect fabby :)
Staying in and just might attempt the Sunday Stamper instead
xoxo

Lori said...

Love the book! The lace stamps are fab, and I love the UTEE head!

Minxy said...

I love this, that face looks so cool inlayed in the bookplate..

trisha too said...

VERY nice,Jennie!
:)

Julie Ranae said...

I love how subtle you made that lace look...it's just perfect, Jennie x

Calv said...

Love this Jennie! That lace stamp of yours is one of my fave backgrounds ever! So many uses, great colours too.

2amscrapper said...

Amazing book cover. Love that lace!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Wow, Jennie, that's stunning!

Deborah said...

Fab book! The UTEE face is so cool and fits a treat in sir tim's bookplate.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! Love that face mould! xx

Janeyc49 said...

Gorgeous effect with the lace stamp - love it :)

Janet x

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Love it!

Lynn Stevens said...

Gorgeous Jennie,
Love the face in the frame too!

Heavenly Anarchist said...

I must get that lace stamp!

The Scrappy Tree said...

Too pretty!!