Sunday, March 06, 2011

Fragmented mistake!

It is not often that I will ever admit publicly to creating a piece that is not quite up to scratch, and then blogging it for all the world to see!!!!! I know we all blog pieces that perhaps we don't like or have blogged just because..., but yesterday piece for Linda's Compendium of Curiosities, just didn't ring right to me, and overnight I decided to remake it! I loved the concept of using a watch face instead of a fragment, but I hurried it, and the watch glass was bevelled, so this time I found a flat one in my stash, and set about remaking it. I made it the same, using Distress Stains and Distress inks for the background, but this time stamped the girl in Black Archival. I destroyed the other tag in the making re-using all the elements, and boy am I glad I did.. this is so much better, or is it?!lol

So go on admit to me , if you could would you remake anything you have made, or do you hide it away in the hope when you next see it, it will look good?
Have a very Creative Day!
Hugs

17 comments:

Kate said...

Love this version :)

Zoechaos said...

They both have great charm and different qualities but you have to go with your insticts. XOXO Zoe

Hels Sheridan said...

like this one better.. the ickle flower is soo sweet with the watch face centre... and yes, I do remake stuff... lots ROFL x

hazel said...

I must admit that I like this one best and yes I do pull things apart and do them again if I'm not happy with them.
xxx Hazel.

jacquiscards said...

this i like :)
lets hope i can do this soon :)

( im so excited about my goodies) x

Meggymay said...

Super version, although I did like your other one as well.
I do recycle my mistakes, but they could sit around in my cast off box for months first.

Julia Dunnit said...

I have to admit that it's so nice for us butterfinger types to read that sometimes you don't like what you do! This particular tag is fabaroonie, but then, it's in the eye of the beholder isn't it, because there's nothing 'wrong' is there?!

Pam said...

This one looks great too! I like the collage. If something is too messed up, I pitch it. Usually only if the stamping or distressing is bad.
Pam

Minxy said...

I think this one came out better, the collage is very pretty.
I am forever re-making or altering already made things, perfect example is the altered bingo board on my blog now, i had to re-invent that as it didn't work the first time!

My name is Cindy said...

Super re-make!! I rarely throw things I'm dissatisfied with away, I usually keep them until I can think of a way to recycle the elements, even if it means painting over the whole thing and starting again!!

fatmonica said...

I think your instincts were right because I love this one!

jude said...

Jennie ,This is beautiful love everything about it!Im sure the first one wasnt that bad!
hugs judex

Barb Cady said...

It's often been discovered by xray that even the old masters reworked their pieces of art! I love the second one, but then the first one was good too. But I often rework if I'm not happy, so good on you!

Sid said...

Fab tag !!

Anonymous said...

Your tag is awesome! Love it!

Lynn Stevens said...

I don't know what your first one looked like, But I LOVE this one.

Ha!! I have re-made lots of stuff and tossed abit in the trash too. Also have a scrap basket overflowing with not quite right pieces!

BA said...

wonderful tag jennie
xoxo BA