Friday, June 29, 2012

Pan pastelling

Many months ago I bought a set of Pan Pastels, with the intention of using them when I got home! mmmm, well they have languished in the bag for quite a while, so when Nina of It's Crafting Time near Cambridge, ( where I am doing a workshop on Saturday) asked me to find time to do a small piece with them, I gaily said ,( not knowing if they would!) oh they will work beautifully on Gesso! And yes they do!! I do think there is a knack to using them, which I have yet to discover, but I thought I would show you my first attempt at using them.
Here is an altered book page I did very quickly with a Dylusions Stencil, some Studio Gesso, and a few colours of Pan Pastels.
I am hooked!

If you fancy a day with me altering books, there are still a couple of places left for Saturday's class. Just call Nina on 01763 262417
Have a creative day




5 comments:

Helen said...

Love the journal page and those colours of pan pastels! I need to expand my collection...!!

Unknown said...

Wow first attempt with the Pans looks amazing!!!!!

Kerry PanPastel Uk DT Leader

Sid said...

Fab and very intense colours !!

Redanne said...

Wow, I love your journal pages and how brave of you! I have a set of PP's which have never seen the light of day but I am definitely going to give this a go, thanks to you Jennie. Thanks for the inspiration, wish I lived closer...

Anonymous said...

That looks gorgeous. I only have three PP but I love them. Haven't tried them over gesso yet, so that's now on my to-do list.