Friday, June 10, 2011

My Perfect weekend

Several weeks ago, when I was doing a shrink plastic workshop, I started a canvas and never finished it.. not unusual for me.. teaching and working on artwork never go hand in hand! I always make as I am teaching but always get waylaid, of course, and rightly so! This canvas has cut outs from a newspaper, some printable shrink plastic (made for those gorgeous new Archival inks from Ranger, and is totally covered in Distress stains!The little "shells" are shrink plastic beads which I coloured , and then wrapped around a knitting needle , which I first covered in embossing ink ( to make sure the beads came off the needle) and then carefully shrunk . It is very much a hit and miss affair, and you do need gloves or asbestos fingers to do it! Love how they came out, and they were perfect for shells!

As the grey clouds are appearing over the horizon what better way than to think sun, sea and sand!
Have a creative Friday!
Hugs

3 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Great canvas, those shells are wonderful and love the colours. :)

Pam said...

Amazing job with the shells!! Love the texture of the canvas!
Pam

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah lovely, wouldn't some sun be nice!! Remember making twirly earrings from clear coloured shrink - oh the agony of wrapping it around the kebab sticks!!