Friday, January 09, 2009

Black & Gold

I seem to be taking part in challenges unexpectedly this week, so here is another one I am taking part in. This the Sunday Stampers and the theme this week is Black and Gold.
I wanted to make an very quick ATC using a little butterfly I had covered in Duo glue, and then brushed on pearlescent powders to. I also wanted to use the gold crackle paint, which I had prepared earlier this week. (Sounds like Blue Peter!). So I stamped the words on the crackle, and then masked them and stamped over it with the Chintz Texture mat (one of my favourites. I had to stamp it twice as Archival ink didn't work, so used Stazon. Then I stuck the butterfly on. On reflection I probably should have made the crackle paint a little thicker, but I am always learning, that's what I love.
Sunday Stampers changes every week, so have a go, and say hi to Hels for me.
Tomorrow there is a new Theatre Production over at Objet D'Art, so hope to see you in the theatre at 7pm!

16 comments:

Moni said...

I just love butterflies! hugs, moni

crafty creations said...

Stunning Jennie Love the background, the quote ( which I now have - thanks to your blog candy) and the butterfly

Anonymous said...

The butterfly wings look so translucent - just like the real thing. Love the way you have done the background.

Inspiring as always

Annie said...

Love the quote.

Ann xxx

Kath said...

Gorgeous. I love it all.
Kath x

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab hun, thanks for joining in x

Unknown said...

I love love love that butterfly and the background effect you got ... in fact ... I ... erm ... love love love it all :0)

Flippinpest said...

This is beautiful Jennie. I love the chintz background effect, it really looks aged. Great work

Hazel said...

Beautiful ATC x

Robin said...

This is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

its lovely your work is alwasys inspiring. hope you had a lovely birthday Jo

Jane said...

Tha is really pretty Jennie - very ethereal and I love the colours!

Puss

Ellen said...

beautiful butterfly is that one of the critters? love that background as well.

artfulstampin said...

That is sooooo pretty! love the colours

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, love the background! Might just have to have that chintz stamp too! x

Jenni said...

Gorgeous ATC, I love the little butterfly.
Jenni x