Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mothering Sunday

Today is a day of celebration for all mothers everywhere, well at least here in the UK, and  as a mother, I should be lying on the sofa, reading my craft magazines, having copious cups of tea brought to me, while eating a large box of chocolates! I can only say that it is totally unlikely that this will happen, but I can dream! However I did see my mother this week, and I made her this pretty card, which I know she loves, and for every mother out there, this is for you! I distress inked it , added some new Prima bling, and a butterfly from K & Co, and Prima flowers on the inside! A swirl stamp from Mr Holtz finished it off.

Have a restful Sunday, and put your feet up!
Hugs

12 comments:

Annie said...

What a lovely card. Hope you have a really special day too.
A x

My name is Cindy said...

Ha ha, know what you mean, have been up for hours and haven't seen a cup of tea yet except made by my own fair hands. A card would be nice...

Have my mum coming over later for dinner so I'm cooking as well but I really don't mind.... honest...

Have a great day, lovely card.

Jenni said...

That would be lovely wouldn't it - unfortunately not going to happen for me either - just off to work! Have a good day, love your pretty card.
Jenni x

Joanne said...

Thank you for the lovely card. I will (add) it to my others. I had a lovely day too, washing, ironing, shopping etc. etc, !!!!x

Lorraine said...

hope you had a nice mum day..think I will celebrate tomorrow when not rushing round after the kids and visitng relatives! like the card

Angelnorth said...

Oooh, love the fact you did the inside too, great card! Hope you at least got a smile and a cuddle even if the cups of tea and choccies were sadly lacking!

patcrafts said...

I love the card and the idea of working on the inside too. I also made my own cups of tea and no chocs but did get a bouquet of cream roses delivered yesterday by the "Floral Post" from my son, nice surprise.

Janeyc49 said...

Lovely card Jennie - hope you had a nice day :)

Janet x

Glennis F said...

Lovely card. It's not Mother's Day until May here, so am going to have to wait a bit yet!

Christine said...

Beautiful card!!! Have a great Mother's Day!

Blessings,
Christine

jacquiscards said...

This is a stunning card :) love the colours x

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Very pretty GF, luv the flutter, hope you got some rest!