Monday, January 19, 2009

Key to Life!

On Lots To Do blog challenge, this week you have to use a key. I was still working on last week's project which was using newspaper. I am always behind with everything! Most of the artwork I do for the blog is self indulgence, and as I like to incorporate new *stuff* or ideas, often they are rushed pieces. Time to create for me is always late afternoon, after I have stopped work...cannot wait for the evenings to get lighter. Don't you just hate artificial light?
For this piece I scanned in a facsimile newspaper from 1869, and then printed it on paper for the background, and on Claudine Hellmuth's sticky back canvas. I distress inked the tag, and stamped the watch faces in Black stazon on the canvas, and distressed those in old paper and frayed burlap. I put one of the watches onto some TSS metal, and gently bent it. I then added the words, and highlighted them in Opaque white pen. Finally I added the Idea-ology key and lock and a little bit of chain.
I know I haven't given any instructions on the tin yet, but promise to do them tomorrow., with some step by steps too!

6 comments:

Moni said...

Great idea! Love it! Hugs, Moni

crafty creations said...

Jennie it's amazing love the way you've added the embellishments and the background is awesome

thanks for joining the Lotstodo Cahllenge again this week

Hugs Hilda

Maya said...

WoW! What a great tag you have done!
Hugs from Maya :)

Hazel said...

This is great, Jennie. Your work is so inspirational. x

Viv said...

Great interpretation of the theme jennie.

Jaqi said...

Stunning, really lovely, Jaqi