Friday, January 30, 2009

ABC....

I made this piece for Lots to Do challenge when really I should have been working on new stamp designs! The challenge was to make a piece including a frame in the artwork. I used an Ikea wooden Frame, and white crackled painted it, then wiped over it with black Adirondack ink. I used White and Black Dabber on the Grungeboard Alphas , then sanded off the black ones and inked the white ones. It wouldn't quite fit in through the back, I guess I should have measured it first before I out the letters on (doh!), so I put it on the front, and I think it works really well! The paper behind is from one of my favourites-Black Market-Ebony & Alabaster.
Black and white seems to be my favourite colour scheme at the moment along with blue, LOL!

6 comments:

crafty creations said...

Jennie it's amazing - so effective - love it - Thank you so much for joining the Lotstodo Challenge again this week.

H said...

Wow Jennie i just love it :):)
I love B/W too

Anonymous said...

Ooooh textures, textures, textures, - what a good idea to adapt an IKEA frame.

My nearest store is over 100 miles away alas - but maybe I could improvise

Anonymous said...

love this Jennie, the black and white is so classy!

Minxy said...

Great piece Jennie, to be honest at fist glance i thought it was Metal,{just watched the DVD LOL} but the grungeboard works fab.

June said...

Love this Jennie, its one of the most striking frames i have seen and I love the texture work you do.
Thanks also for the great Tim Holtz masks i bought from your shop, I had wanted some for ages and they are perfect. I have added my first make with them here http://junesartyretreat.blogspot.com/
Once again Jennie thanks for all you do
Hugs June x