Sunday, June 27, 2010

A trip down memory lane...

It isn't often that I show much other than artwork on my blog, but I had to go down to Bournemouth this weekend ( more of that later in the week). We took the opportunity to spend the time by the sea in one of my favourite places. I spent many a happy hour playing on the beach every summer at Sandbanks when I was in my childhood, and because we were there, and just because, we took the ferry over to Corfe Castle, and Swanage and the wonderful Isle of Purbeck. The weather was extremely kind to us, hot, hot, hot, and we lay on the beach , and had ice creams, and enjoyed the views, and the warm sea breeze! It was a wonderful trip down memory lane. This is Sandbanks ( the most expensive real estate in the world, apparently!) from Studland
This is Corfe Castle, where my friends and I would cycle too every summer... I was quite amazed as I knew the hills to it were high, but not quite that high!! Not something I would do nowadays!!!
 and this was the luggage I picked up to alter!!! lol Actually it was a Corfe Castle railway, which sadly had a broken down steam train, or we would have taken a train ride :(
The sun, the sea, and the sand made for a perfect day!
Don't forget I have blog candy this week, and if you are reading this today check out the same post for a gift for you in the shop.
Hoping you are enjoying the sun
Hugs

15 comments:

Denise said...

Wow thanks Jennie for the Trip down memory lane. I used to work at an Adolesent and Family Unit near Southampton many many moons ago (omg 26 years ago infact). As the unit was residential for the youngsters we used to go all over on day trips during school holidays and weekends. Sandbanks and Swanage were places we haunted on a regular basis. I remember the Llamas wandering along the hillside and the Clang Clang Ferry.
Even Studland brings a smile to my face as I was disappointed when I found out it was the wrong sort of Stud that interested me (well I was only in my early 20's then). Those were the days - Take Care and Thanks X

Julia Dunnit said...

Perfect. There really is nowhere on erth like England in the sunshine. GLad you've had happy days.

Zoechaos said...

Happy days, I grew up in Bournemouth, Corfe Castle was one of my favourite places to go. Had my won trip down memory land a year ago spent a day over in Swange and then Dorchester. Happy days.

Netty said...

We also love Bournemouth but the hills seem steeper these days especially coming back up....aaaagh
Never been to Sandbanks, but it looks beautiful. Annette x

Joanne said...

Oh! I wish I could live on Sandbanks with my very own massive Sunseeker moored alongside. I'm in the area myself right now and neverf want to leave.
Luv Joanne xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Ah, you were near Sandbanks and you didn't drop in to see my at my holiday home??? PMSL Looks like you have had a fab time...I love the seaside but hate the sand...yuk, gritty icecream and sand in yer pants...not good LOL

Jan Hennings said...

What beautiful memories and this looks like a place to have a vacation!

Ang C said...

I took my first visit to Dorset at Easter and what a gorgeous place it is.

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Great pics.....Looks like you had a fab time.

xx

Carol Ann said...

memories aren't they great they are so uplifting and make us smile almost as good as a summers day. glad you have had a good trip!
Carol Ann xx

Anonymous said...

Brings back happy memories for me too, we had some great camping holidays in Dorset when the kids were young. Corfe & Studland were favourite haunts! Both kids went on school holidays to Swanage in year 6 too, they stayed at the youth hostel there.
Alison xx

Liz said...

Looks like you had a lovely time, seaside is definitely the best place to be when we have such lovely hot weather

Jen said...

Looks like a really good day out. It's trying it's best to rain here today!
Hugs
Jen x

Lynn Stevens said...

looks like a perfect day! what a beautiful place, maybe someday I'll be lucky enough to visit there!

Lucy Edmondson said...

Glad you managed a little break. That photo with the luggage would make a great stamp,

Lucy x