Thursday, June 17, 2010

Learn to Pause...

Thank you everyone who commented yesterday on my very tidy desk...lol you should see it now! The push back method is starting again, but only because I am working on a couple of projects, and the inks are out with the bottles of paints and more!
I am having a problem concentrating at the moment, and the hormones this week have kicked in badly, making me very tired, but I cannot sleep, so this morning thought I would play with the new embossing folders and some of the new Lost and Found  papers from Mr Holtz. These are fab, and emboss beautifully as they quite thick. This is a little "journal" page I made using a mica sprayed tag already on my desk, and I stamped over it "David", and added the words to the side "learn to pause or nothing worthwhile will catch up with you". I forgot I had embossed the paper, so they don't show up very well :(. The paper was edged in crushed olive distress ink.
Hope you are having a creative day.
Hugs

11 comments:

whyducks said...

looking good Jennie, I hope you recover soon.

Helen said...

I think I'm going to have to get David. But I may need to rename him as that is the ex's name. Although I could stamp heavily on top of him.... lol. Love the tag.

Lynn Stevens said...

I haven't seen the new papers yet, They look interesting.

Glad I'm not the only one with hormone problems. Its 5 AM I should be sleeping. Sheesh...

Annie said...

Think it must be the time of year or weather cos I too am feeling weary and not sleeping well at the mo. Lets hope it all moves on and leaves us alone very soon. :-)
A x

Netty said...

Great image and project love the colours. Annette x

Sid said...

Loads of atmospere with this fab piece Jennie !

Chris said...

Really fab piece Jenny...love it and the saying is fab.
David is super cool :D
hugs
Chris xx

Gerrie Johnnic said...

David looks great done up like this, what fun.

June said...

Ohhh wow thats stunning Jennie
love what you do and every single time i visit, i find knockout art
hugs June xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Fab bit of distressing Jennie! x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous piece! Love the combination of David and the background!