Sunday, August 03, 2008

Alcohol ink resist

I just had to try this technique that Tim Holtz showed this month. I always have my alcohol inks around me as I love them! I use Rangers and some from Kuretake too(they have very bright colours). I used a couple of fragments, and a domino to try it out, and was rather pleased with the results. I feel a bigger project coming on...... The pics look rather big, but they are 1 inch squares from the fragments pack. Interesting technique when gluing with the glossy accents- use very very little as it kind of moves the alcohol ink on the glossy paper...another technique I think
Stamps used Daisy, and one of the clocks from The Artistic Stamper.

11 comments:

Ann said...

Stunning effects Jennie & beautiful colours - love them all, bottom one especially xx

Joy said...

Beautiful Jennie! I tried this technique before but it was no where near as good as yours, will have to give give it another go xx

Andrea said...

its worked for you and they look great, how easy was it to do I want to know?????????? I saw how he did it but thought it would take the alcohol ink of to x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful effects Jennie! Love the clock one best! Thanks for sharing! Now where did I put those fragments I bought from you last month!? xx

Anonymous said...

I made some too Jennie - fun innit!! x

Ifat Art said...

I love the clock! this technique is amazing. That's great!

Laurel said...

Wow, those are just beautiful!

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous! I have tried this before...well, actually, I stamped the image wrong and tried to wipe it off...and ended up with this effect, and now I know I was actually doing a real technique I am rather chuffty tuffty!! Hels xxx

Juanita said...

So pretty, i may have to try that....

Unknown said...

I saw this effect on Tim's blog and definitely intend to try it. Yours are fab. Deb x

CK Chai said...

This is so beautiful I would surely try it out :)