Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Holly and the ....

Over on Hels blog , this week's Sunday Stamper is "The Holly and the Ivy", and as luck would have it I spent yesterday making a card using the new Mabel Lucie Attwell stamp featuring Holly! I cut out the image, and coloured it in with distress inks and Prismas, and used the fabulous ruby slippers stickles for the holly berries. I did think it needed a lift so added glossy accents on the pixie and the leaves. The whole caboodle was layered on some Bazill Dotted Swiss Phoenix ( the kind of card you really want to stroke all the time!) , and then layered on a black card.

In case you wondered, the Merry Christmas is from a decoration, I picked a couple up in my favourite store, Heselden Hats, a must come and see place if you are ever in Faversham.
 Thank you Hels for the challenge, and if you read this , I really NEED that gorgeous piece you made! lol
Have a great Sunday!

12 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Such a sweet card...thanks for joinin in ... love the Christmas Dec sentiment...and yes peeps, Haselden Hats is a FAB store :O)) x

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Jennie!

The Scrappy Tree said...

Love the glossy accents on the holly leaves, lovely!

Unknown said...

Oh Wow - now that is what I call Christmassey

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card Jennie!

Chris said...

Love your card, Jennie. Looks like he's fighting his way through a holly bush. :o)

Anonymous said...

Great card! Your elf is too cute and I love the merry christmas bling!

Julie Ranae said...

NOW I get the comment on my blog! ;)

Glad you like it..I enjoyed it very much and now I am off to play with Mabel some more!

Anonymous said...

Fab card Jennie, love the little elf! x

Anonymous said...

Very cute. I can't believe you cut the whole thing out. Very impressive. Any tips on how to do it?

Lorraine said...

like your card Jennie..you wanted to know what scouse was! Well its originally an Irish meat, potato type of stew..Liverpool had lots of Irish coming over with the potato faminie so they brought this dish with them..a lot of us here in Liverpool eat this dish when the weather is horrible and cold..hence we are known as Scousers although its taken on quite a derogatory term now so lots of us like to be known as Liverpudlians!

Amy said...

CUTE stamp!!!