Monday, November 30, 2009

Startastic!

This little 4 x 4 box canvas is the simplest ART to make. I covered the canvas in Terra, but you can use any medium that has depth to it. Even polyfilla should work. Just layer on enough to give a bit of texture, and then I used the new star stamps. I wet the stamps and pressed them into the Terra, using the background one round the edge and a couple of the stars in the middle. Allow to dry.

I then sponged them with a mixture of blue Studio paints by Claudine Hellmuth. While the paint was still relatively wet, I took some of it off with a baby wipe. I love this very simple effect and did find it hard not to use my Glimmer Mists or Precious Metal colours!!


I figured less is more....Still tempted though. I feel another canvas coming on....

15 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

The titles to your posts just keep gettin' better!

Love what you did with this technique...very creative!

Sarah Anderson said...

Oooo, very yummy! Bet you could make a nice decorated Christmas cake with those stars too!!! Looking forward to you using the precious metal paints - they are SOOOOOO sparkly they'll be fab with the stars :)

whyducks said...

Lovely jubbly, everything is great about it x

Carol said...

Lovely effect and gorgeous colour x

Lorraine said...

very nice like all the texture..will have to have a go I think

Alexandra MacVean said...

Jennie, what a super idea. I would have never thought of that.

Hope you had a good Monday. :)

Hels Sheridan said...

Nice Stars (ROFL) :O))

Anonymous said...

Very cool, Jennie!

Anonymous said...

I love this. It's just wonderful.

Sid said...

Really great effect, love the depth and relief of this canvas !

shaz earl said...

tis brilliant Jennie x

Anne Jagger said...

OOO lovely

Anonymous said...

Great texture! Love it! xx

Minxy said...

Simple art..maybe
Fantastic.. Definatly :)

The Scrappy Tree said...

Ooh, PRETTY!!