Sunday, November 15, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree!

Over on Hel's blog the Sunday Stamper Challenge is to use stamping and a Christmas Tree. I had an idea to use the dots stamp as snow and emboss it onto Printable acetate. However that didn't work as well as I would have liked, so I just embossed on top of the background trees. The tree is the small Stitchels Christmas tree , and where the stitches go round I used gold stickles. It doesn't seem to show up in the scan very well :( I just stamped the trees on some paper I bought from Costo ages ago, and mounted it all up. I see the dots playing a big part in my Christmas cards! lol

Watch this space next week for special Stamps being released in time for you to make Christmas cards ( that is if you haven't been efficient and made them!)
I have been playing with them this weekend, and I will be doing sneek peaks , so you can win one or two or even three!

13 comments:

The Scrappy Tree said...

Love the dots, great idea!

Unknown said...

What lovely colours and a great idea

Hazel said...

I love the way you've used the dots and those trees with stitching are great x

whyducks said...

Great, I love it. Oh goodie sneeky peaks!

Viv said...

What a great use for the dot stamp! A great card!

Sid said...

Love this card, the snow looks cool and I also like the stitchels tree ! Thanks also for your comments on my blog Jennie.

Julie Ranae said...

Been trying to decide where to start with my box of Artistic Stamper goodies....might have to be Christmas!

Love this project, Jennie!

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks for joinin in with the challenge...love it x

Tinkertaylor said...

Love it, it's soooooo dotty......

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Jeeny and love the design and the colours are gorgeous.
Hugs Linda

Amy said...

super holiday tree's..love the different color tone's..fabulous and whimsical

Debby said...

I love this! So clever and creative. I am soooooo envious of your stitching abilities. I have zero point zero.

Anonymous said...

Perfect pines!! I love it!