Thursday, April 14, 2011

Little things in life!

I thought I would show you a couple of the pieces I made at Ally Pally over the weekend. Often when I am demoing , I make quick and easy pieces, and I do give a lot away, but I did keep these two pieces!! Simple and so so easy to make.. I used 2 different size mini canvases, and coloured them with Distress Stains. Love these, so easy and quick to use, and you can enhance them with other Stain colours, which incidentally do colour over and not muddy!, or you can use your normal distress inks to fill in patches or highlight.  I poured UTEE over the inked canvas and immediately stamps into it. Love it when it drips down the sides! Then I added Perfect Pearls, and a mould from Crafty Notions which I also coloured with Perfect Pearls . The Elegant woman has the minutest piece of Gold leaf in her hair ( a happy Accident!)


I do hope you like, and I am off now for a fun filled day of catching up from my day out yesterday!!
Have a Creative Day

15 comments:

sparkles said...

I like !
See you soon x
Barbara

Annie said...

Those are really beautiful :-)
A x

Julia Dunnit said...

Aren't they gorgeous. Gotta get me some of these stains - they seem to make more sense to me than the pads.

Crafting Queen said...

Fab canvases!

Zoechaos said...

These are gorgeous especially the first one thank you for a very interesting idea. XOXO Zoe

Pam said...

The gold leaf in her hair looks great! Very cool canvas'!!
Pam

Jan Hennings said...

Both of these are beautiful pieces!

whyducks said...

So affective Jennie

CraftyTeacher said...

I stil really love the ladys face! I used it on my clutter box at Crafting Time last month. Will definitely see you there again in May! My pictures from the last weekend are at:
http://redsquirrelcraft.blogspot.com/
Thanks so much for all the fun!
Happy Crafting...

Daniele said...

I love your stamping in Utee, and those faces are so lovely esp. with the hint of gold
hugs

cockney blonde said...

I love these. Thanks for the inspiration, x

Erin said...

Ooooh, they are gorgeous!:)

Anonymous said...

Ooooh gorgeous! :)

Sid said...

Fab moulded pieces Jennie, love the lustre !!

Shoshi said...

These are really gorgeous! Great idea for any kind of background really - mixed media, acrylic, textured gesso... Love the poured UTEE and the moulded face. These would make fabby ATCs.