Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Alcohol Ink class and a little hiccup...hic!!

Last Saturday I taught a really great group of ladies, and we had such messy creative fun, getting very inky and creating! We did lots of techniques and played with all the alcohol inks from Ranger, and some of The Artistic Stamper stamps. Thank you to Kate from Pickleberry for letting me wreck her tables! lol Ink did kind of splatter all over them!
Here are the girls with their messy hands: in no particular order, Sam Lauren, Sarah, Amanada, Kris, Sarah and Rosemary. Thank you for letting me teach you.. it was fun!
While I was researching and prepping this workshop, I came across a new technique to me using glue with alcohol inks from Kat Toys, called drunken scotch technique.
Here Kat used clear glue and dropped alcohol inks in it, and then heated it to create an  antique rusty look. I am always cautious when heating glues, and especially ones with alcohol inks in them! One pouf and you never know!! and the smell can sometimes be horrific. However, I thought about it, and decided to use PVA glue. I spread it across the card with a craft scraper, and before it was dry dropped into it, single drops of alcohol ink. They spread naturally across the glue creating puddles.  Allow it to dry naturally. I did try it with Glossy Accents too, and it had the same effect but a little shinier. This is the result.
 I then stamped over it with a Gibson Girl.
Thank you Kat for showing the technique. I hav lots more ideas for it! If you have alcohol inks, and PVA go try it you will be amazed!
Have a very creative day!

11 comments:

Sid said...

Thanks for the technique idea Jennie. Must try this one ! Glad the class went well for you too .

Rosemary said...

Thanks Jenny, another one to try out and add another tag to the collection. Your sample looks great.

Amanda said...

Thanks for a great workshop Jennie. It was a fun day and the ink eventually came off :)

Chris said...

Wow, that looks fab, Jennie. Going to have to give this a try.

whyducks said...

Glad all went well Jennie, thanks for showing x

KAT said...

Jennie - love your twist in the technique - now I'll have to give it a try without heating it! Thanks for sharing and thanks for the link back to my blog!

KAT

Lori said...

Very cool, Jennie! Yes, have tried this as well, heating the glue didn't seem to be too much of an issue, but I'll have to try this method, too! Fantastic results!

Anonymous said...

oooooh like this effect.
Love alcohol inks
will try this effect
thanks
SparklesSimpleStuff
aka Barbara

Unknown said...

Love that technique - and I so wish I lived nearer to go to your classes - they look such fun

The Scrappy Tree said...

I love that effect! Am going to give that one a try

crafty creations said...

I've tried the technique Jennie and loved it results are on my blog - thanks for the info xx Hilda