Thursday, February 25, 2010

So little time....

Over on Gothic Arches, this week's theme is steampunk. I have had so little time to create this week, that my early morning forays have been blog hopping and doing emails before starting my "proper job"! lol. But I thought I would love to do this, so gathered a very random set of stamps, including one of the new Tim Holtz's ( don't tell Mal , cos they are really for sale in the shop, and he will kill me for taking stock! ) . The clock and bicycle came from Purely Random, and the cogs are PaperArtsy. I have to say when I started this I wasn't going to use the bicycle, but it all came together by accident. Is this steampunk I ask myself? The other bits are idea-ology., and a couple of new bits from Vintaj, which wil be available soon. I made the background by spraying colour sprays from Crafty Notions, and then while wet putting a bit of bubble wrap on it, and allowing it to dry. I am so wanting to create, but time is limited this week :(
We will be at Stamperama this coming Sunday, so if you are thinking of coming , do drop by and say hello...I will be the one getting hot with a meltpot, and Mal will be the one with shiny shoes!lol
Have a great day!

24 comments:

Helen said...

Love this arch - the bicycle makes it!! See you on Sunday (just having some trouble sorting trains .... dratted engineering works!)

Glennis F said...

looks great - but what is 'steampunk'?

Heavens2Betsy said...

Hi Jennie, Love your Gothic Arch. Love anything Steampunk - wicked combination of the two!

Hels Sheridan said...

Cool, love the bike wheels :O)) .... And...not a clown in sight PMSL

Angelnorth said...

I think if "it came together by accident" then it's steampunk - kind of the point isn't it? Create something out of whatever you have on hand? Looks fab, love those cog wheels on the bike!

Kath said...

Looks great. I don't know about steam punk either .Love the bike.

whyducks said...

Very clever Jennie, wheels are so good they fit in so well. Sadly I can't make it on Sunday, but I would love to send my shoes for Mal to polish, if he is in to that sort of thing!

Martina said...

Stunning steampunk arch, Jennie! Fantastic idea and design!

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

fabulous idea love the fun element ju x

Linda Ledbetter said...

How come my crafting accidents always LOOK like accidents?? You've got the magic touch! Those sprockets on the bicycle wheels are just brilliant. Love this!!!

Anonymous said...

Very steampunk! Love it! Hope the show goes well at the weekend, wish it was nearer! xx

Julia Dunnit said...

It's always the way - I'm at my most creative when I'm too busy to get to my desk. Love your arch. Can't tell you if its steampunk or not. What?!!

Lori said...

Love how you used the Idea-ology for the wheels on the bicycle! Very creative and fun! Great colored background, too!

The Scrappy Tree said...

Love the Bicycle, glad you used it!

Kristin

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh Yes, Jennie you nailed Steampunk perfectly! the bicycle is perfect for this!

Heavenly Anarchist said...

love the wheels - what fun!

Jan Hennings said...

Great Gothic Arch and I LOVE the wheels!!

Kris Dickinson said...

Your arch is fantastic!

Effie said...

Great set of wheels!... fab arch!

Valerie Bishop said...

This is just awesome!! Love the steampnk look and that bicycle and the gears are perfect!!

Cazzy said...

That is fabulous, the bike is inspired!

Cazzy x

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is amazing, Jennie! I must have a go. You are fantastic how much you fit into your life and always gives us eye candy. Good luck at Stamperama,

Lucy x

Gerrie Johnnic said...

This total ROCKS Jen.....I just luv what you did with this arch! Thanks for the inkspiration!

Lori Saul said...

What a wonderful and creative arch for steampunk this week- I love this !