Sunday, February 07, 2010

Life through Rose "Coloured" Spectacles!

Over on Hels blog, the Sunday Stamper challenge is The Rose. I have been wanting to do this technique for a while.. so thought I would use it to make an unusual project today. I "borrowed" my son's 3D glasses he bought while seeing a film, used a book of rose pictures from a secondhand bookshop, and set about making my "rose" coloured glasses.
Over on Claudine's blog she showed a technique using the sticky backed canvas as a transfer technique. I used a scanned in version of two of the pictures from the book, and carefully cut them out to cover the lenses. I painted the glasses with Crimson Precious metal paint, and let them dry. I then added the " rose lenses" and added a bit of Prima bling to the corners.


Life is always so much better through rose coloured spectacles!
Thank you for the challenge, Hels :), and hope you like my different take today.
Hugs

18 comments:

Helen said...

Wow, Jennie! Such fun. Love it.

Stig of Crafting said...

mmmm Now i know where Elvis costello's glasses went Jen lol

Julie Ranae said...

What a creative take on this challenge...really well done!

Hels Sheridan said...

Cool idea...and I could do with those specs at the mo LOL Thanks for joining in hun x BTW...did Joe mind you nicking his specs LOL

whyducks said...

He will look cute next time he goes to the film!x

Sid said...

What an unusual but fun piece. The CH sticky back canvas does fab transfers !

Rachelxx said...

Love the rose coloured specs Jennie great idea - I know a few people who could use some atm! :-)

Artyjen said...

What a quirky but fabulous creation! :)
xoxo

The Scrappy Tree said...

These are fab! What a creative take on the theme :)

Sarah Anderson said...

How fab are these!! We've some of those glasses hanging around but hadn't thought to alter them! :)

Amy said...

that is cool and unique..something different..fab. roses!

Julia Dunnit said...

Ya see, I think that is a really cool thing to do - but does your son know?!! You're in trouble if he wants to go see a 3d film anytime soon! Great idea.

Lori said...

Fabulous, Jennie! So creative and fun! The roses are beautiful!

Diane.W. said...

Haha!!! Jennie these are fun,would never have thought of it,great idea :o)x

Hazel said...

Fantastically different take on the challenge - gave me a giggle just when I need it x

cockney blonde said...

What a brilliant take on the challenge. Love them, x

Dylan said...

hilarious, love it...

Gerrie Johnnic said...

What fun is this! OMG I just luv these glasses, how clever GF!