Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cupboard Love!

 Earlier this week, Hels asked me to name that tune, and come up with a song title for her Sunday Stamper challenge. Now I will be honest here, and say that my memory never serves me well, and I asked for help from the other half, who has an encyclopedia of songs and bands stored in his head!If it is rock n roll, he can tell you , who , where and when!! So he named  the songs and Hels chose one- Shine on You Crazy Diamond, by Pink Floyd, and I have been singing it while creating this piece.
For those of you who have spotted it I used a spare 2 inserts from a Configurations box, and cut one up  to form the cupboard front, and attached it with a diamond shape piece of Idea-ology paper. I used just one quarter of paper to create this, and covered the inside with it. The outside was crazed with Rock candy crackle paint , and sprayed with Perfect Pearls Turquoise Mist on the outside. I dabbed it off to make it dry quicker. I added lots of Tissue tape to the edges, and the inside is a gorgeous old doll's head with a diamond crown studded with diamonds!! of course they real... worth a fortune this box!!! rofl!! A button formed the handle, and beads made the legs.

Actually this is one of the pieces for a workshop I m doing on Sunday at Jendenink's, and if you would like to take part, then there is one place left! Just call the shop to arrange it .
Thank you Hels for the chance to be a songmaker! lol It has been fun !
Happy Creating!

14 comments:

MvM-design said...

Owww I love that one!!

Sid said...

Fantastic little box !!

Helen said...

I knew I'd heard the song title, but couldn't think who it was!! Great little box, still not got any configurations...

Unknown said...

Fantastica cover !!
ti seguo sempre ...
complimenti Mary:-)

Anonymous said...

Brilliant, so creative! xx

Pam said...

Cool altered box! And Shine on! You crazy diamond!
Pam

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great idea Jennie using one of the spare pieces from a configuration to create this neat little box. Love the doll inside, very unique. Tracy x

Neet said...

Good luck with your workshop - it will be a huge success. Fab box/shrine.

Jan Hennings said...

Beautiful!!

Minxy said...

Awesome ickle project Jennie, have fun with the class :D

Vic said...

Love it!!

Lori said...

Great stuff, Jenny! Love the idea of using the Config boxes for a project, really brilliant!

Femmy said...

fantastic!!! love the colours very much!

Hels Sheridan said...

loving the hat on the doll... those Frozen Charolottes are gorgeous aren't they/ Thanks for choosing and joining in with the SUnday sTamper hun x