Friday, September 09, 2011

Watch the Birdie!

It's that Friday feeling here at Artistic Towers, and with my eye very slowly getting better , I thought I would create a little no stamping piece today. Actually it did start out with stamping, but because I am not thinking straight, I messed it up! So I started again, and came up with this!"
This is one of those gorgeous hanging wooden birds that we sell, painted with the new Black Studio Gesso from Claudine Hellmuth and then covered in Studio Multi Matte medium, and lots of watch bits added to it. When the multi medium dries it is clear and will stick metal, plastic, material, in fact anything....wonderful stuff!



I really enjoyed making this piece, and praise indeed from my DS, who really liked it!! Wonders will never cease.....
Have a very creative evening

15 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous steampunk bird Jennie, love all the watch parts. Tracy x

Fliss said...

One word Jennie - wow! I absolutely adore this and am really into steampunk myself at the moment and currently working on a piece with your fabulous cogs and gears stamps.
Don't think it will come up to the standard of your bird though!
Fliss x
PS: Hope the eye's better soon, I know how frustrating that is.

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

That's great Jennie

Helen said...

I love it too - that black gesso is a winner!

Hels Sheridan said...

aw that is a cute birdy.... glad the eye is improving... oh... my goodies arrived... ta x

Gabrielle said...

Ooh! How much do I like this? Your birdie is so cute! Ope it's hanging where everyone can see it!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!!! Ta for my goodies which came today! :D xx

LME said...

Love them hope to see you next month :)

Netty said...

wow loving that great bird, you reminded me I so need black gesso. Enjoy the weekend and glad the eye is clearing up. Annette x

Sid said...

Fab steampunk piece !!

Julia Dunnit said...

I like it too - more praise..the placement of the pieces is fabbo - did you just whack 'em on or think about it a bit??

Unknown said...

Jusst been catching up on all your news - what a great time you had in France - green with envy!!!

Hope your eye hurries up and gets better.

xxx

craftimamma said...

Oh Wow, this is fab Jennie and guess what arrived from you yesterday? 2 of those cute little birdies and some of the black gesso (plus a few other bits). All I need now is time ........... you don't sell that too do you???

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is absolutely tremendous! You are so clever!

Lucy x

Laura said...

This is just fabulous. What a wonderful Steampunk bird. It oozes enjoyment too. What a wonderful word Oozes is!