Friday, July 09, 2010

5 years on...

Today is our fifth wedding anniversary, and it was hot the day we got married, and it is HOT today too! Even the wind is hot, a bit like being in the savannah, where the wind blows hot( not sure about this, but it sounds good!!lol) I think a trip to the sea would be good, accompanied by a Frappucino, and a bowl of ice cubes. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the SUN, but this is VERY HOT!!! it is too hot to craft, but I did, early this morning, and this is what I made for the love of my life, a very patient man, who puts up with my quirky ways, my nagging ( who me? lol) , and my cats!!
I wanted to make something to remember today, that also had wood in it...5 is wood apparently, it could be also apparently be silverware.. but my budget didn't run to this, so here is a wooden shadow box , and I made a collage inside, with some of Tim's papers, and some of the girl's paperie cut outs, and lots of distress ink, and idea-ology charms, and mini paper roses, and a little tiny bottle.
I am off to pretend I am in Spain with my feet in a bowl of cold water to cool down, and a large glass of something cool!
Have a CREATIVE DAY!

19 comments:

whyducks said...

Beautiful Jennie, I hope the packing pixie loves it too, if not send it my way.

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Can't believe it's 5 years for you and Mal!!!
Avoid bees wax during your hot weather!!

trisha too said...

It's a lovely piece! Happy Anniversary!

:)

G Peplow said...

Wishing you and hubby a very happy anniversary, I love your creation,:) xxx

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary - and what a fantastic gift for your husband

Sarah Anderson said...

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! Have a wonderful day. I hear you have a weather warning down there for the heat, we got a hose pipe ban but no sunsine, although it is still warm. LoVe your shadowbox, it's fab :)

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous Shadow Box hun. Happy Anniversary to you both.. tis far too hot up here too... am thinking about streaking down the street ROFL x

Kath said...

Happy Wedding anniversary to you both. I hope you are having a lovely day.
Kath xx

Chris said...

Happy Wedding Anniversary, Jennie and Mal. Hope you've had a lovely day.

Sid said...

Awww thats a fab Anniversary piece, congratulations and heres to the next 5 !!

Lynn Stevens said...

First off a Big Congrats on your
5th Anniversary!!!! Now your shadowbox is a work of art and I'm sure your DH with treasure it for many years to come. Go cool off,take a dip in a pool and enjoy your special day together!
Hugs Lynn

Susie Jefferson said...

Congratulations! Have a wonderful and romantic weekend - you DESERVE it. Sending love to you both.

Netty said...

Happy Anniversary Jennie, this is gorgeous and such a great piece to make for your anniversary. Annette x

Minxy said...

aw happy anniversary, hope you both had a lovely day x love the shadow box

Jan Hennings said...

beautiful project and Happy Anniversary!

Lucy Edmondson said...

Love this! Big congrats on your anniversary,

Lucy x

shazsilverwolf said...

Congratulations on your Wedding Anniversary, the shadow box is stunning.I found this list a while ago for Wedding Anniversary semi-precious Gemstones:
1st year: Peridot
2nd year: Red Garnet
3rd year: Jade
4th year: Blue Zircon
5th year: Pink Tourmaline
6th year: Turquoise
7th year: Yellow Sapphire
8th year: Tanzanite
9th year: Amethyst
10th year: Blue Sapphire
11th year: Citrine
12th year: Opal
13th year: Moonstone
14th year: Agate
15th year: Rhodolite Garnet
16th year: Red Spinel
17th year: Carnelian
18th year: Aquamarine
19th year: Garnet
20th year: Yellow Diamond
25th year: Tsavorite
30th year: Pearl
35th year: Emerald
40th year: Ruby
45th year: Cat’s Eye
50th year: Imperial Topaz
55th year: Alexandrite
60th year: Star Ruby
65th year: Blue Spinel
70th year: Smoky Quartz
75th year: Diamond

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous piece, Jennie! Wishing you a spectacular anniversary!

Artyjen said...

Congrats! Lovely frame...it would have been our wedding anniversay too...how spooky! Hope you had a lovely day.
xoxo Sioux