Friday, July 23, 2010

CCC # 6 -down route 66 or in my case..81/2!

I took time out this week to take part in Linda's great weekly challenge, and travelled down the road of Tim's Compendium of Curiosities to page 66! Multi-medium Collage technique. I am not allowed to tell you how I made this, as those are the rules...but suffice it to say I used a tag, lots of  Studio multi medium,  two Wendy Vecchi stamps borrowed from Hels, some of my collage stamps which are on sale right now in the shop, and lots of idea-ology. I did distress ink in Chipped Sapphire, and Forest Gump! lol... and used pages from a Gazetteer which are thin and perfect for this technique.. all I can say is the thinner the paper the better.
I have to say I really have absolutely no idea where I was going with this piece, but it seems to be travel based, kind of...lol postcards, stamps, old maps, and an 8 and a half!!! On reflection I should have done a 66, but it makes life interesting, so give me the best reason for the 8 1/2 and I will send you the tag :)....answers in the comments or on a postcard!!
May creativity be with you today :)))
Hugs

21 comments:

Art By Wanda said...

Your tag is wonderful!!! 8 1/2 is the apartment number of that someone special that was met whilest traveling to fabulous places :-))

Cath said...

I thought of a platform (like as in Harry Potter) in a old train station.
Great tag.

Lori said...

This is really superb, Jennie! Love everything about it! 8 1/2 'cause it's 8 1/2 miles to the next ice cream shop! lol

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag!

Minxy said...

Loving the assemblage of this tag Jennie :)

Lynn Stevens said...

A great tag in perfect Tim Style, hummm is the 8 1/2 your shoe size? sounds like a good reason to me! Fab tag!

Anonymous said...

Was it the platform for the Hogwarts Express?! Actually I think that was 9 3/4! Anyway, this is a fab tag Jennie! Ha ha - just read Cath's comment - great minds! x

Joanne said...

Maybe 8 1/2 are the number of hours that Hels let you borrow her Wendy Vecchi stamps!!
The tag would have taken me that long to make!
Luv Joanne xx

Netty said...

Smashing tag Jennie, 8 and a half, no idea unless its the different bits and pieces you added to this tag. Nah.........course its not...lol Annette x

whyducks said...

Love it Jennie, the colours and everything. I too thought of Harry Potter.

Sid said...

Very, very nice Jennie. Fantastic tag !!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Jennie, I'm so excited to see you! Fan-TABULOUS tag you've made, sweet lady!

I love all the cool ephemera you used, and your Multi-Medium numbers are perfection. The way you inked them, they look limestone-aged-- what a great effect! And of course, your collage stamps are awesome!

I love your style!

Angie Hall Haviland said...

BEAUTIFUL tag, Jennie!! Love it!

Tracy Evans said...

Lovely tag and I really like the blended colours in the background and the numbers, I really need to get some metal numbers. I always want something. Have a great day, Tracy Evans x

Hels Sheridan said...

cool tag hun :O))

SusanK said...

Loverly tag! 8 1/2 is a wonderful age...you get to do pretty much as you want, you are unopiniated, your art style is starting to take shape. What's not to love about 8 1/2??? LOL

Terry said...

8 1/2 - Anniversary? Wonderful collaged tag! The colors are fabulous, just love it!

inge said...

Hello Jennie,

Nice tag : nice flowers on the background !

8 1/2... me too thought immediately of Harry Potter ( means we crafters have a lot of fantasy...), but maybe you have your secret room on the 8 1/2 floor where you create your stamps....This must be a magical room !

greetings from belgium
Inge

Gillian .... said...

Ooo yes I likey alot Jennie, love how everything just blends together beautifully. Were you & Hels secretly watching 8 mile by Eminem and just decided to add another 1/2 for good measure lol x

Chrissie said...

well, i'd say 8 1/2 on a scale of 1to 10, but that just wouldn't do this little beauty of a tag any justice. 8 1/2 hours I'm stuck at work when I want to be home playing with paper and ink!!

Michele said...

this tag is gorgeous. and 8 and a half is the fellini film. it involves dreams and fantasies (see here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056801/) and you were just subconsciously channeling that... xo.