Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Crowning Glory

Over on Sunday Stampers, the theme this week is "Song sung Blue", a tune, that yes, Hels is running round my head as I type! lol Blue has always been one of my favourite colours, and so I thought I would have no trouble making something for the challenge. Wrong! I wanted to make an alcohol inked domino. I duly had Mal drill me holes so I could hang stuff from them, and hang them up too, but it didn't quite work out like that. Can I find my silver headpins, my silver wire..not a hope.. buried somewhere in the mass (sorry, mess!)of my workshop, and I thought I had organised everything beautifully!! Later this afternoon, I feel a sort out coming!! watch out for tomorrow's pics on woyww!! So out came the alcohol inks, Pool, Aqua, and Denim, carefully dabbed on the domino. I used two images, one from the Gibson Girls plate, and one from Architecture Plate 2 (now retired) ,stamped with Black Archival. I know they needed something, so I did manage to find a gorgeous crown for one, and the other is from Tim's Idea-ology. Now all I have to do is add beads when I find the wire!
 See you tomorrow for woyww
Have a Creative day!

17 comments:

Helen said...

Love the intense colour you've got on your dominos (should there be an "e" in there?! Looks like I'm talking pizza!) Hope you find your bits and bobs to add to these, though they look great already!

Helen said...

Love the intense colour you've got on your dominos (should there be an "e" in there?! Looks like I'm talking pizza!) Hope you find your bits and bobs to add to these, though they look great already!

Hels Sheridan said...

Sweet little donimoes hun, thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper... has that song gone yet? LOL

Nicks said...

gorgeous! - my heart in sinking though thinking your desk will be tidy tomorrow - I rely on you to keep the creative mess desks up to speed!

Von said...

wow I must get mine out and have a play you could use them as magnetic memo holders :)
Von

cheryl said...

oh wow how striking are these hun,love the coulrs and those crowns just perfect,trouble is you have me singing that song now he he,hugs cheryl xxx

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful Jennie! Good luck with the tidying, hope you find your wire! x

Jan Hennings said...

Jennie,
LOVE your blue dominos..the crowns and images are perfect!
My workdesk is even worse than the last time I posted on WOYWW so I NEED TO ORGANIZE!

whyducks said...

just great Jennie, very much my colour x

Lori said...

Beautiful colors! Great piece, Jennie! Song sung blue....lol

Joanne said...

These have made a great start. Can't wait to see them finished. Shall I send you some wire 'cos I brought mine on holiday with me! - I know, another crafting mad woman.
Luv Joanne xx

Sid said...

Super pieces Jennie, what great colour !

Netty said...

Totally fab, love them. Annette x

Ann said...

Gorgeous Jennie - loving the stamps & the colours are devine :D xx

Lynn Stevens said...

oh no!!! I'll be singing that all day now! Oh well your little dominos are just precious and worth having that song in my head.

Anonymous said...

Love your dynamic dominos! Awesome!

Lucy Edmondson said...

Gorgeous! I've been having a domino week too! These are great,

L x