Friday, July 16, 2010

Life begins at 40

At least that is what they say! Last month was Hel's 40th birthday, and over the years that I have known her, through the good times, and the bad, she has always been cheerful, and happy. Hels is my Creative co-ordinator, and I love her artwork, and her very funny blog.. always makes me smile in the mornings when I am feeling grumpy! In my normal fashion, I wanted to make her something special for a card for her birthday. As always, I left it to the last minute! As I know she got this..lol  actually I did manage to post it in time, there's a first :) I thought I would show you what I made. It was done in a hurry, so I could get the post!!! A piece of advice.. never leave things to the last minute!!! I used some Teresa Collins papers , my bind-it-all, and some distress ink, a couple of pieces of Idea-ology, and absolutely no stamps at all!
Talking of stamps, I am spending my days at the moment designing new ones for you.. lots of eyestrain, lots of emails too and froing, and lots of coffee!! They will be with you soon... watch out for the sneak peeks!
Have a very Creative Day
Hugs

14 comments:

Helen said...

What a great card, I'm sure she loved it.

chrissy o said...

wow lovely card
hugs chrissyxx

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh I'm sure Hels Loved every inch! Great card even with no stamping LOL

Jan Hennings said...

Love this little album and the numbers on the front are perfect for her 40th!

Minxy said...

Super cool gift, bet she loved it :)

Nancy said...

Sweet creation! I'm sure Hels loved it!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant card! x

whyducks said...

good card, great words x

Netty said...

Its fabulous am sure she will adore it. Enjoy the weekend.
Annette x

Deborah said...

Wonderful card (love the diamond paper) - bet she loves it!

Anonymous said...

Lucky Hels!

Hmmmmm, new rubber coming soon eh ... can't wait to see what you've come up with!

Lynn Wild

Hels Sheridan said...

It is even lovlier in the flesh... thank you hun... you have said some loverly things about me too.. the cheque is in the post ROFLMAO... am going to pop some notes and a piccie or two in my little book - tis a lovely keepsake for my 40th :O)) Hugs x

Gillian .... said...

What a gorgeous gift to receive, I'm sure Hels was over the moon with this, hope the saying is true lol, I too turned the big 40 this week x

Nicks said...

yummy new stamps..... cant wait to see them

Love the card as well!!