Saturday, July 17, 2010

A cracking little box

Today is the day I do a tutorial on Gingersnap Creations, and I was really pleased with the little box that I created for the tutorial. I have found photographs really often do not do some artwork justice, and this little beauty is extremely tactile, so much so that if I touch it anymore  all the crackle will fall off! Do go and check out how I made it, and at the same time have a look at some of the other brilliant tutorials and challenges on Gingersnap!
Have a creatively sunny Saturday
Hugs

17 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

What a fantastic tutorial, now I have to give it a try.... hummm now where did I stash my precious metal paints?

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! Off to see your tute! x

Sid said...

Fab box Jennie, love the thick layer of altering !!

Hels Sheridan said...

GORGEOUS! Love the colours and you can see the textures popping.. am off over the Gingers now to see whatcha did :O))

whyducks said...

Fabulous Jennie x

Mandy said...

amazing piece! adore this :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous box. Just gorgeous. I can't wait to steal the idea... I mean be inspired by it! Than you so much.

Gillian .... said...

T'is a very cracking little box, I l so love this piece Jennie, you can never have to much crackle lol, gorgeous work x

Jan Hennings said...

This box is just gorgeous and I love all the crackle and the tiny legs! Off to check out the tutorial :)

Anonymous said...

pretty, love the texture!

Carole said...

beautiful box :)

Jackie Elwin said...

love this touchy feely box - I need some of that paint!

Netty said...

Gorgeous box, love it. Annette x

Minxy said...

wow, think your box is awesome Jennie

Lori said...

Ooo, this is, how do you say it, LUSH! Need to check out the instructions.....

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is gorgeous! Off to look at the tutorial now,

Lucy x

Hazel said...

Gorgeous box - great tut on Gingersnap x