Saturday, July 24, 2010

An ideal treasure chest !

It's the weekend ! Yah.. time for me to stop work and play! that's in my dreams, but for the past couple of weeks, I have been slowly making this box. It was very kindly given to me by Hels, and to be truthful, I have sort of pinched the idea from her :(, mainly to store my idea-ology in, just as she has!!! I am such a collector of boxes, and often I never do anything with them, but this so called out to me....so I got to use lots and lots of Terra all over it. I stamped into it with a calligraphic mat. I let it dry. I sprayed it with lots of blue mica sprays. I added mother of pearl Precious metal colour in some parts, and I sprayed the inside. I finally got to use my Idea-ology feet too!! I filled it with idea-ology!!
Have a great Saturday, and stay creative!

17 comments:

Erin Toner said...

Totally gorgeous, I love it! xxx

Rosemary said...

Stunning Jennie. I want one!

Helen said...

Gorgeous!!!

LisaVeronica said...

beautiful! stunning....can you come to Sweden and be my personal teacher?? ;)

Anonymous said...

I am so luuurving your chest LOL! It's exquisite, beautiful, gorgeous, stunning ... you get the idea! It would also look amazing in my home too! :)

Lynn Wild

Anonymous said...

A stunning storage idea! x

Lynn Stevens said...

Gorgeous! I just picked up a box kinda like that, I guess I should do something with it before I stuff my embelishments in it!

Joanne said...

That has turned out beautifully, and everything is just a grab away. Super.
Luv Joanne xx

Julia Dunnit said...

OMG Jennie - it's pants. You have my address, I'll take it off you for a quid. Please do a whole post on your multi-tasking-without- panicking-to get-everything- finished skills. I have two or three things on the go and just fiddle between them...oh why!!!

2amscrapper said...

Yes, I'd like one, too! Beautiful technique!

Lucy Edmondson said...

Fabulous!

Lucy x

Jan Hennings said...

love this and those little legs will be a must have :)

Terry said...

Super gorgeous! I have those feet and plan to alter a wooden box that my Dad had! A little nervous to mess it up, but working on the courage! Love your treasure chest!

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning. from one boxaholic to another

wwilloww said...

WOW!! Gorgeous! I totally understand about making something and never using it... I do that all the time!!! Have fun with it because you have one beautiful storage box!!!

Sid said...

Fantastic chest !!

Minxy said...

Looks like there may have to be a 3rd copy cat as i am loving this idea {dont remember seeing hels one, will have to hunt her blog now}
Love the effect of your and the colouring is very you x