Thursday, August 26, 2010

Blend it, blend it!

I am loving the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge over on Linda's blog, for the simple fact that I can use a technique I already know and maybe push the boundaries on it a little bit. That is exactly what I did with this tag for the challenge. To find out what I did you need to turn to page 36 of Tim's newest book.. and follow the instructions. I did follow them, and pushed the blended batik a little further than normal. I have to say the idea came from the first tag I did, then I messed it up, so did a second tag, and actually I even did a third tag! This is the 4th one! and on this I even made a mistake.. Can you spot it ? it is very glaringly obvious!! lol I used stamps from both of the new birds ranges and the bare tree, adding the leaves to it..loved the effect.. just as I had hoped for :))The background is a Calligraphy Mat ( we have lots of these)  In spite of the mistake.. I adore the effect the batik can produce.
If you have never entered this challenge, the prizes are awesome, and it is such fun. If you don't have the book, we do have some in stock here. Don't forget the blog candy over on The Creative Team blog ends today too at 6pm GMT, when I will be picking the winner!!
Linda, thank you for the challenge, I had a blast doing it!
Have a very creative day,
 

14 comments:

Joanne said...

Well, if there's a mistake on that it's well hidden 'cos it all looks great to me.
Luv Joanne xx

Sid said...

Fab technique, ignore the mistake it's a happy accident !!

cheryl said...

oh I too love this effect which I had never tried before and oh will defiantley be doing it again,yours is just gorgoues,mistake oh who cares,its brilliant anyway hun,love the stamps too hugs cheryl xxxx

Sew This N That said...

Nope I can't see a mistake!
I think its stunning Jennie, love the colours and the birds :)
*hugs* Heather x

Artyjen said...

Perhap if I stand on my head I'll see the mistake? HOL
Fab tag love the colour combo ;)
xoxo Sioux

Nancy said...

Great tag! I love this technique .. now, to make something to enter in the challenge! *lol*

Jan Hennings said...

love this! there are no mistakes in ART :)

Lori said...

LOVE IT! The colors are awesome! Your title reminds me of the song, "I like to move it, move it, move it" only, it's "I like to blend it, blend it, blend it..." lol!

Netty said...

Great colours and texture Jennie, and great batik. Annette x

Girlsinthecraft said...

So pretty. Love the red stamping over top.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag Jennie! Love the little tree & birdies! xx

Linda Ledbetter said...

I don't see any mistakes, I just see another absolutely gorgeous work of art from Jennie. You really did take the blended batik to a whole new level, and it's REALLY cool! Great colors, sweet stamping... it is completely fabulous in every way!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Luv the tag GF, see no mistake....have you forgotten? it's called ART!

Terry said...

What I did not notice anything upside down! I would love to say I have never done that one!!! Love it and the colors are gorgeous!