Sunday, August 29, 2010

Get me to the church on time!

Yesterday the sun shone ... well it didn't rain ( that's for sure!) and we went to a wedding! I could show pictures of the bride and groom ( my stepson Dan and his new wife Jodie), but the photos are not brilliant.. everyone seemed to move when I clicked the camera!! lol but I did make a card.. no surprises there then?
 I wanted to make something that wasn't the norm, but was still pretty, and bought some rub-ons. yes rub-ons! not peel-offs! I think I would have been better buying peel-offs, as these particular rub-ons didn't work!! You would think it was simple... cut them out lay them in said order on the card, rub them off with said enclosed stick! I am old aficionado at using rub-ons. I used to use Letraset in all it's glory for years, so have the right tools, and I tried those, but nothing. I rubbed hard and and I even dented the card trying to get the rub-on's onto the card!  Was it the paper I used? Was it the tool?  I even re-read the instructions! me who never reads instructions! nah! nothing! de nada!They did come off the backing in a fashion but left behind some of the colour and letters!! The card was a disaster! So an hour before we are due to leave, (I do tend to leave things to the last minute)  I had to compromise and use a couple of toppers and the lovely stickers by the girls' paperie!! I did manage to get 2 or 3 of the rub-ons off onto a new card, but was extremely disappointed. Needless to say I won't be buying Papermania rub-ons again! btw in case you wondered I didn't buy the toppers, they came in a box of goodies I bought from a friend a while ago.. and have proved extremely useful!
Lesson learnt stamp it!! lol
I am having a very lazy day today... being that it is a Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK, and plan to do nothing more than read the papers, and watch the tv... any bets on if that happens?? lol
Have a great day!

12 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

I don't use rub ons for the very same reason, Give me stamps any day!!! Glad it was a nice wedding and congrats to the bride and groom!

Sid said...

Nice card.....and don't you just hate it when a rub-on wont rub off !!

Sew This N That said...

Good morning Jennie :)
I really don't like rub-ons, I have never got one to work yet...much easier to stamp LOl....but I do love your card :)
*hugs* Heather x

Helen said...

Hmm. I was given some rub ons a Christmas or two ago and not used them. I will bear your comments in mind and try not to spoil a card!!
Hope you get (and enjoy) your lazy day.

Joanne said...

I'm not a fan of rub-ons either. Your card however, turned out great in the end. Enjoy your restful weekend.
Luv Joanne xx

Angelnorth said...

Great card, even if it was a compromise option! Glad you had a good day for the wedding!

Lori said...

Wonderful card, and I have some rub-ons that refuse to be rubbed off too, lol! Very frustrating. I did find that if I warmed the rub on sheet either with my hand or a blast from the heat gun (carefully, not too much) that they then were easier to rub off. There's only a stark few rub-ons I've found that work well.

Clare with paint in her hair said...

So pretty

Janeyc49 said...

Glad you had a lovely day and the weather was kind to you. I think we are all the same with rub-ons ! I do like your card :)

whyducks said...

A great card Jennie. I wonder if the rub-on was a bit old it might loose its stickiness! Only a thought! Glad the wedding went went. x

Tracy Evans said...

Some rub-ons are a right pain, I would much rather have stamps. At least you managed to get a card done, I would be in a panic at that stage. Great card in the end. Congratulations to the happy couple. Enjoy your relaxing day, just what I had planned but my daughter then decided she would like her room decorated for her birthday, Tracy Evans x

Anonymous said...

Fab card Jennie! Not many rub ons in my stash - I never had much success with them! x