Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Memories of a room!

I finally got 5 mins ( ok a bit longer than that!) to make a little ART yesterday, and this time I have inked up grungepaper, and added some of the new bird stamps...loving the birdcage..., and entered Linda's magnificent challenge! Called Compendium of Curiosities, it is a challenge where you follow a page of Tim's book, and make your own art!! Strange how using these new stamps, a background stamp and  a little bit of the ruler ribbon, kind of made this tag evoke an old room with a birdcage, and bird!
I did bend the grungepaper a little, and used silicone glue to raise it up.. Never have been able to use this stuff.. always end up with it over my hands , the desk, and then the tube always dries up before I have used it again!!
I am not allowed under the rules to tell you how I made it.. you need to see the book. Please pop along to Linda's magnificent blog to have look at the gorgeous artwork being created.
Have a very CREATIVE day!

25 comments:

Lori said...

Girl, you have just been CRANKING out fantastic art! This is an awesome piece, and you're right, it really looks like a birdcage in an old room! Fab!

Terry said...

Wow, this is just so pretty! Lovely birdcage!

Minxy said...

It does indeed invoke an olden day feelin, i love it and i love the new bird and cage stamps too

CuddlyBunny said...

GASP! COOL!

I love the color and images and for some reason am TOTALLY drawn to your measuring tape ribbon!

Helen said...

such a cute birdcage. Love your tag, and it looks like someone's Granny's room!

Anonymous said...

Great tag! I love how you put it all together.
Eileen

Sid said...

What a gorgeous tag, love the colours and design !

Joanne said...

I think has worked really well, infact it looks like a cage in a front room somewhere. Brill.
Luv Joanne xx

Angelnorth said...

Fab tag Jennie, love the warm feel of this!

whyducks said...

Great work Jennie

AngieHallHaviland said...

OH WOW Jennie!! Love your tag..it does look like an old room.

Netty said...

Fabulous tag Jennie, terrific bird cage. Annette x

Linda Ledbetter said...

I'm with Lori-- your are a gorgeous-art-making MACHINE, Jennie! This is just another example of why you're one of the coolest crafters on the planet. It's stunning, from the sweet stamps to the lovely vintage tones to the cool ruler tape. Love it!

I'm so happy to know I'm not the only one who can't use silicone glue without creating a big mess! :-)

minnie_mac said...

Great colours and stamping. Great tag.

Linda . J said...

Beautiful creation Jenny, your design and colour’s are superb, just love the bird cage.

Hugs Linda

MarleneMAZ said...

This is gorgeous! love that birdcage stamp too.

Barbara Mason said...

I almost feel like I am in that room with the bird. Well done!!!

Lynn Stevens said...

I'm Lovin that Bird cage!!!! I'm so glad you joined in Lindas challenge, I hope to have my piece done tomorrow!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Luvin' this first thing this morning Jen, great challenge!

Chris Arlington said...

Great tag! Lovew it!

Lena said...

Great tag! You reallu made it look like an old wallpaper and the birdcage is awsome. Very nice!

Cynthia a.k.a. Cynnie said...

What a gorgeous yellow tag...just perfect!!! I just became a follower...wonderful inspiration here!!!

Anonymous said...

Cool tag! I love the chain on the cage! Great touch!

Nan said...

Wow...love that stamp...it really does remind me of a room from the 40's maybe. Wonderful piece!

donna said...

I love what you have done here. Great stamps.