Thursday, August 19, 2010

I am distressed!

because this week over on Compendium of Curiosities,week 10,  there is no page number, just Distress Stickles! lol.. It meant I had to make something up!  Actually these are so underused, that it was pleasure to get them out and play. I actually used them to make a Birthday card for my step-daughter, Mickey , who was 21 last week! Happy Birthday Mickey!! (Hoping she doesn't spot this on facebook before I give it to her! :))))  I used some of the girls's paperie stickers, a few of  the Salvage Stickers, and of, course, how could one not, a calendar paper from Lost and Found! Add a star for a star, and my distress is over!
I used Distress stickle colours Faded Jeans, Scattered Straw, Worn Lipstick ( just love this name!) Shabby Shutters and Spice Marmalade.
Thank you Linda for the challenge, and if you have no idea what on earth I am going on about pop over to Linda's blog , and check it out!
Happy stickly Creating!

14 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous card, hope it is still a surprise for Mickey!

Daniele said...

wow thats alot of sparkle, I'm sure daughter will love it
hugs

Anonymous said...

Fabulous idea for a 21st Jennie! Love all the sparkle! x

Sew This N That said...

I love it! This is so different :) Hope the surprise is still intact :)
*hugs* Heather x

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Fab...so sparkly!!!

Have a great day.xx

minnie_mac said...

Fab card. Love your colour choices.

Marilyn

Lori said...

Fab piece, Jennie, I love all those colors! And the idea of using the stickers was awesome, why can't I think of that stuff???? she says as her foot reaches round and kicks her arse. Did I see a bleep word in your post??? roflmao! You're hysterical.....

whyducks said...

great card Jennie, I am sure she will love it!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Holy cow, Jennie, I didn't even realize I've forgotten to post the page number! Thanks for alerting me-- I've fixed it now!

This is a brilliant, fabulous and beyond perfect 21st Birthday card! I love the combo of Salvage Stickers, the calendar from the paper stack, and all those Distress Stickles. I bet Mickie LOVED this (and happy birthday to her!).

Terry said...

Fabulous Birthday card! She will love her "21" card! Only in our world would we know what being distressed means! Love it!

MarleneMAZ said...

This is fabulous! I just love how shiny and sparkly the numbers are.

Netty said...

Its great Jennie, of course I love the design and the sparkle but for me that antique looking calendar page really makes my eyes shine. Annette x

Jan Hennings said...

Bet she'll love all the glitter! Great card!

Angie Hall Haviland said...

Great Card, Jennie!! Hope Mickey had a great birthday !! :)