Wednesday, December 02, 2009

It's Christmas Time!

Following Tim's blog and recreating the Christmas tags he is making is quite inspiring, as you can find little bits of techniques that perhaps you had forgotten about, or even use stash that you have bought but never got round to using. Today's tag is simple but looks good, and anyone can do it, even me ! I do happen to have the stamps , although I think they are the smaller sizes. I am using one of our chipboard tags, as I do not have the ones he is using. I didn't have the right colour distress embossing colour so substituted frayed burlap. One tip, make sure that you SHAKE the bottle, and heat it longer than you think, as it is very hard to see if has melted. I absolutely loved the metal rose idea, and feel more coming on.


All the elements includint the idea-ology "stuff" for making this tag, are in the shop. I would love to see if you are making.. leave me a comment....

8 comments:

Linda said...

Well done! And I could not agree with you more: distress embossing powder is requires more effort and concentration! Love your metal rose. It came out very pretty! (SIGH, where does that man get his ideas..?? LOL)
hugs from holland, Linda

Hels Sheridan said...

Looking great Jennie...am just off to try make mine now...missing the frame for the middle tho so will have to improvise LOL

Lori said...

Great work, Jennie! Love the rose!

Lorraine said...

like the metal rose

Artyjen said...

Love the rose on your tag...I had to improvise again!!
Thanks for visiting yesterday.....I'm pooped already and it is only day 2!!
xoxo

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, wonderful work. Just love that metal rose idea. Anesha

cheryl said...

love this hun the rose its great I did not have anything to use so had to kind of make my own love cheryl xxx

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful. And I love how you're playing along but making it your own. Not having everything Tim has is certainly making us all more creative!

Can't wait to see your next one.