Wednesday, December 10, 2008

10th Day of Advent

Fifteen more days to go (eek must make some Christmas cards!), and today a new idea, which I discovered on Suze Weinberg's blog , and which I have been dying to try. Using my meltpot, I melted our ultra thick silver powder. Then using a rubber stamp ( this is a christmas snowflake one from CaroLines). I laid a memory frame on top of the rubber die. Note you cannot use clear stamps, and then poured the utee into the frame. No ink is necessary. I allowed it to cool, and then rubbed ruby slippers stickles over it. I am definitely going to do some more of these.Voila! a Christmas decoration for the tree
To celebrate that I now have 65 followers ( I am amazed, and thank you all, and for the lovely comments), I am giving away 2 prizes tonight, both stamps, and both random from our wonderful collection. So comment away to be in with a better chance, and please add my blog candy link to your blog if you feel inclined.

Yesterday's winner, picked by the Random Integer Generator is Susie Little.
Congratulations and please email me to send me your snail mail address.

Back tomorrow with more....

27 comments:

Annie said...

oh I have the stuff to do this but have always been a bit aprehensive - sort of frightened of ruining one of my precious stamps. Love what you have done. I must give it a go sometime soon. Actually I think I'll start a list of New Year things to do instead I the usual 'things to stop'.

Ann xxx

crafty creations said...

beautiful jennie - you certainly are inspiring

x Hilda

shaz earl said...

Simply stunning work Jennie xx

Viv said...

This is brilliant Jennie.... been unable to visit for a while but have had a real nice time going through your recent posts!

Riina said...

How inspiring! Well done.

- Rhynah

Moni said...

very nice! Hugs,Moni

Anonymous said...

Cool technique, love your tree ornament! x

Juanita said...

This is super cool.

camcraft said...

Oh My. That is amazing. I would one day like to have a go with this but haven't yet bought the meltpot -maybe one day a class will be the order of the day.
Carole x

Rachelxx said...

Love it Jennie - have spent the last couple of days making cards - now to write them & post!!

Claireabelle said...

Fantastic Jennie, hoping to get a christmas stocking full of UTEE (if hubby has been paying attention LOL) xx

MayJay said...

Sounds like fun and looks amazing. Keep up the good work. I will definately be back to visit again. May.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to have a go at this - it's great.

I have heated UTEE and stamped into it on card but not used one of the frames.

I have one to practice on - then will need to order some more. I shall ask Father Christmas for some craft money!

You are permanently linked from my blog to yours.

Had great fun with the bamboo tiles I bought from you - nearly used up 40 of them!

Nikki said...

Mmmm now I know I have some rubber... in the form of Stitchels.... may have to try this..
Great inspiration hun... and you're not the only one with cards unmade...oooops..lol

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely the coolest design. You are my creative hero.
doot65{at}comcast[dot]net

Max said...

Well done Susie :)
Oooo'er Jennie ... what a fabby technique but not something I'll be attempting any time soon. Not 'cos I don't fancy having a go but because I don' have a melting pot LOL!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx.

julialynn said...

I am loving this, your work is so pretty!

Julia

Debbie said...

Oh how beautiful...I love it. I will have to get the stuff to try this...BTW stop by my blog..I am sure you will be glad you did. =)

Hugs,

Debxx

Donnas Den said...

Great work Jennie

Crissi Harvey said...

wow Jennie this is just Gorgeous

SueHart said...

Looks fabulous!! Great effect and I love the snowflake stamp. x

Sam said...

Great tree decvoration.

K said...

Awesome! This could be a pendant as well ...
Bye, Kitty

Susie Little said...

OOh how exciting ,
Thank you Jennie!

Loving today's tag too!

Anonymous said...

I love the textured look. jerryb17011@yahoo.com

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Just a thought if you don' have a elting pot , you can layer the powder onto the rubber within the frame and melt with a heat gun. This should still work , *she says hopefully*
Jennie

June said...

Jennie this is gorgeous. I love how this has turned out and am not surprised you will be making more like this. I must try this myself
Hugs June x