Sunday, December 14, 2008

Day 14 of Advent

Today's Christmassy piece is in conjunction with my Objet D'art Challenge blog, where this week you can take a tag, and create somethiing extraordinary with it. I have been following Mr Holtz's 12 days of Christmas along with everyone else, and have loved what he has created. I like to use my chipboard tags as they have a white front and are 2mm thick, so will take lots of pounding, and heating without warping. I have several ideas in mind for altered ones, but seeing as I needed to do a Christmas themed one, I thought simple and clean , so here is what I made for both this blog and my challenge blog. If you take part, or comment or add yourself as a follower, you can have the opportunity to win yourself a Mr Holtz lunch tin!
Here is my tag for today
I distress inked the background in old paper and light blue, and then randomly stamped snowflakes over it. I white embossed a few of them ( it didn't melt quite how it should, so is a bit bobbly, but I like the effect!) Then I tore a strip of Crafty Individuals paper and glued it to the bottom, and added the gorgoeus silver reindeer (bought from Paperchase). I finally added very small clear dewdropz to the middle of some of the snowflakes.
The winner of the stamp yesterday is
Congratulations and please email me with your snail mail address. Todays blog candy will be a set of 15 chipboard tags, so comment all you like, and if you are new to my blog add yourself as a follower, and be in it to win it!
See you tomorrow

25 comments:

Moni said...

Gorgeous tag! hugs, moni

crafty creations said...

Love your tag Jennie I've not tried the chipbopard ones - maybe I'll be lucky!!!

Annie said...

Really beautiful tag

Ann xxx

Max said...

Congratulations Blueviolet.
Oh wow Jennie ... that tag is just beautiful and I too like your 'bobbly' effect on the snowflakes. A happy accident :)

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Leanne said...

Oh this tag is stunning. I love the reindeer!

Eve said...

that is really lovely, think that is one of my fav x

For the life of me said...

beautiful tag xxxx

Sam said...

Gorgeous tag Jennie...such a lovely reindeer.

camcraft said...

Oooh Fabulous Jennie.
Your chipboard tags in your store are wonderful, treated myself to some :-) extremly good value.
Carole x

Unknown said...

WOW this is a seriously gorgeous tag...beautiful.
Well done to yesterdays winner.
Jx

Donnas Den said...

Great Tag, jennie. Keep it up, I love seeing what will turn up next.

Donna

Anonymous said...

Wow - eat your heart out T.H. love the silver reindeer.

Golly - TH's lunch box - empty of sandwiches?

Tags too - wow - you are so generous Jennie. Good luck everyone

Tindaloo said...

Such a lovely silver reindeer :) Fabolous tag, cool effects!

shaz earl said...

Stunning tag Jennie xx

Anonymous said...

That's absolutely adorable!
doot65{at}comcast[dot]net

SueHart said...

Another fab tag, Jennie. Love the reindeer. x

Anonymous said...

A really beautiful tag Jennie, and the reindeer is gorgeous! xx

Anonymous said...

Seems everyone is into tags for the season. Great job! jerryb17011@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Loved your Reindeer tag. jerroldbeck@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

As usually, great job on that tag!!!:0))

Claireabelle said...

fab tag
xx

Shazza said...

this is gorgeous Jennie
x

Craftyideas said...

Beautiful tag Jennie xx

AbcHobby.it said...

wonderful tag!!
bye elisabetta

Fiona said...

Gorgeous tag - I love reindeer.