Friday, December 12, 2008

Day 12 of Advent

Today has been a very productive day, and I have  managed to make 2 Christmas cards! Yah! The first one is this one
I used the flourish from Tim Holtz's masks which sadly we have sold out of (stocks due back in the New Year, but there are still the others), and I laid it on the card and distress inked around and over it. Then I lifted it and distress on top , so you get a paler version of it. I stamped and red embossed the Father Christmas, and used Thickers letters to make the word. The star fitted perfectly in the middle of the O. A bit of a different style of card. I have made another one but am waiting for the stickles to dry........
Yesterdays winner of the ornament is......
Congratulations and please email me your snail mail address so I can get post it to you.
The blog candy for today is a bottle of Stickles, so same as usual leave a comment or if you are a follower you are in with a chance too!

18 comments:

shaz earl said...

Ooooh i like this card love all your work Jennie x

Rachelxx said...

Gorgeous card Jennie - I've managed to make 20 today - but they are of the 'cheap & cheerful' variety :-) I send out so many I'd spend all year making gorgeous ones like yours!

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant idea - and well worth all the effort. Will have a go with my TH flourish.

Thanks for all your inspirational work - how you manage to find the time as well as run a house and business amazes me.

Moni said...

Gorgeous card! Hugs, Moni

Claireabelle said...

Fab card Jennie, those TH masks are on my 2009 'to do' list
x

Annie said...

The mask is really effective. Love the blend of colours.

Ann xxx

SueHart said...

Lovely card, Jennie. Great effect with the mask. x

My craft space said...

Hi that card is realy good very effective

val xxx

camcraft said...

Superb Jennie :-) Not yet tried the masks, will get round to it one day I am sure.
Carole x

Anonymous said...

Every single day your creations are equally lovely!
doot65{at}comcast[dot]net

Unknown said...

All your creations are adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Fab artwork Jennie! x

K said...

Such a lovely card ... I managed a couple yesterday and a booklet because my computer was playing up and I couldn't work :)
Bye, Kitty

June said...

Its fabulous. Love the whole idea
Hugs June x

Kath said...

Lovely card Jennie. Might need to put that mask on my wish list! :0

Kath cbc

Max said...

Congratulations Lottie.
Love this latest project Jennie.
I'm definitely going to try the masking technique to create my own background papers.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Riina said...

Lovely card! So simple but yet inspiring!

- Rhynah

AbcHobby.it said...

Gorgeous card!

bye elisabetta