Tuesday, December 09, 2008

9th Day of Advent

Thinking about today's post while I was trying to warm myself up at 3.30am, I realised that I am very lucky really, as I have an infinite number of "things" I can use to make artwork for you to enjoy ( hopefully!). Most of the time when I get new product in, I snaffle one away for myself, and if I find time, I play with it.
With this in mind, I thought that for the BIG Christmas Day giveaway, I would let the winner choose whatever they liked from the website up to £25.00  and get it all for FREE! I now have to work out how to give the winner a gift voucher!! For those of you worried how you might get topost on Christmas Day, I shall run the post for at least a couple of days to give you time to post or become a follower if you are not already.
Now down to business...Today's winner is Melanie
Congratulations! and please email me your snail mail address. I am sure that some of you are wondering what the blog candy is? I have sent printed twill, stamps, and today it may be something completely different, all in the element of surprise ....
Todays tag is on a similar vein to the others I have done. This time I used the yellow and orange distress inks, and the words from Christmas Greetings 2 and the Santa from Victorian Christmas 2. The embellishment came from a Woolies ornament that I cut up and coloured with alcohol inks. I also gently used the Ranger Opaque white pen to colour his beard and pipe smoke, and outline the words.
Hope you like, and now off to create more from my pile of stash.. Good Luck in the draw, and keep posting.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this tag - and what a refreshing change from the red and greens that are appearing on lots of blogs. Not that I do not like red and green - its just wonderful to see such an original and still Christmassey tag.

I love the fact that you have used some 'recycled' bits of a Woolies ornament - and haven't relied totally on bougt items - lovely lateral thinking

Debbie said...

I love the colors, a wonderful change from the typical red and green colors for Christmas. I love when we can recycle what we already have into a project.

I posted you on my blog again, and added your ornament to my side bar so everyone will remember to go there.

thank Jennie,

Deb

June said...

Jennie this is great. I love the vintag colours and the beautiful olde worlde look of this one.
Nice and original
Hugs June x

June said...

Oh and added your advent ornament on my blog jennie, i never noticed it before lol ... i am blind as a bat hehehe
Hugs June x

Rachelxx said...

Love all of your tags Jennie :-)

Unknown said...

WOW I adore this tag Jennie, that santa is so oldie worldie, really tradition and just as I prefer to see him! Love that you also used a piece of a 'Found' object too!

Congrats on your win Melanie, enjoy your surprise....
Jx

SueHart said...

Another fab tag, Jennie. Love the stamp you've used and great use of the ornament. xx

Claireabelle said...

Fantastic tag Jennie
xx

Melanie said...

oooo i won! thankyou so much xx
i've emailed you my details :)

camcraft said...

Oh Jennie. Just fabulous. So love that colour green :-)
Carole x

Unknown said...

I love the little details, great Christmas tag!

Anonymous said...

That's really pretty. They all are. And the word snaffle....I love it.
doot65{at}comcast[dot]net

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and christmassy Jennie. Love it!! The holly looks great! xx

Moni said...

Love this tag, colors are wonderful! Hugs, Moni

K said...

I have to start on my tags! Or better still - I have to finish my shopping!
At least for the tags I'll have your blog for inspiration ;)
Not today though, today is all work :(
Bye, Kitty

Annie said...

oh I absolutely love the tags you are creating. Each day they are an absolute joy to look at.

Ann xxx

AbcHobby.it said...

oh... lovely tag!! I love it!!

bye elisabetta

shaz earl said...

Stunning yet again Jennie xx

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog and I love the tags. Thanks for sharing!! jerryb17011@yahoo.com

Max said...

Another fabbylicious tag Jennie.
I look forward to my daily visit to discover your latest winner ... Congratulations Melanie! ... and take a peek at your beautiful creations.
Can I just ask ... Are you going to use the tags for your 2009 Advent Calender? If so ... That's what I call forward planning !

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

June said...

WHat a fab tag. I have been missing your blog for nearly 2 weeks now as my internet connection went on a go slow and I couldnt see any images, but now I can!
Now I have to go and catch up with the what you have done already
June x