Monday, December 22, 2008

22nd Day of Advent

Today the Christmas tree is going up. I am a bit of a traditionalist, and don't do much in terms of decoration. We used to, years ago, for the children, but only very close to Christmas and usually Christmas Eve. I do leave the tree up for 12 days though. Then it all gets swept up and the cards taken down, and boy does it always look so bare!
I have made a decoration today. I am not so happy with it. The technique is good, but time was getting on, and I kind of ran out of it!! I have used the chipboard flowers and ultra-thicked them in gold and silver and then inked the swirl stamps in Versamark, and while the utee was still hot stamped into the flowers. I dry brushed gold mica powder on the silver ones and silver mica powder onto the gold ones. I then hung them on a beaded gold chain ( bought for 50p). Photographing them was bit difficult so I have scanned them in.
Yesterday's blog candy (chipboard flowers) winners are chosen by random.org and are
Congratulations, and please email me your addies, so I can post off your goodies!
More blog candy tomorrow , this time stamps, so post away .....

29 comments:

crafty creations said...

They're stunning Jennie!!!

shaz earl said...

These are fantastic Jennie xx

Juanita said...

I think this is fabulous.

Moni said...

Gorgeous decoration! Hugs, Moni

Linda . J said...

Hi Jennie
I think there great and the chain a great buy for 50p. I have never heard of Mica Powder before is this an embossing powder?

Sam said...

Those decs are great Jennie.

Cazzy said...

I like your Christmas decorations, really lovely.

Cazzy

Annie said...

these are so cool.

love them.

Ann xxx

K said...

I think that they are fantastic too!
Bye, Kitty

Anonymous said...

What a great technique! Must try that - but I am running out of time before Christmas.

I am traditional like you - and put my tree up as late as I can - and take it down 12th night - and yes it all does look so bare - but nice to clean up the pine needles.

June said...

Wow they look like metal !! So well done
Hugs June

Leanne said...

Wow they are gorgeous!!!
Merry Christmas!
Leanne :o)
xxx

Bee said...

they look terrific - keep the gorgeous ideas coming.

xx

Anonymous said...

A beautiful creation. They look great on the chain.

Unknown said...

amazing, I love this!
jx

jude said...

Thank you soooooooooooo much email sent
love jude

Unknown said...

Beautiful, very effective

June said...

I love these Jennie, its amazing that you can make a piece of chipboard look like expensive metal (and I know what great value your fab coated chipboard shapes are).
Off on my hols today but will still be checking in on your blog when I can
hugs
June x

SueHart said...

Wonderful decoration. Looks fab!!

Donnas Den said...

Wow!!! I won! Really pleased, have emailed you already, Jennie.

Today's post is great. Really great technique.

Thanks again and merry christmas everyone.

Donna

Janeyc49 said...

Lovely decoration Jennie x

For the life of me said...

they are lovely jennie, thanks for my gift which came today xxxxx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Fab decorations Jennie :0
Ooh can't believe it, have actually won some blog candy yippee ;) Will email you, cheers
Anne xx

Viv said...

Great decorations!
Tree went up this morning in our house.... I leave it as late as is decently possible and take it down as soon as is decently possible too!!

Robin said...

I like the swirl stamps on these!!

Rachelxx said...

They are lovely Jennie :-)

No tree for us this year as we fly out to the USA on the 27th, but hubby insisted on putting up a few trimmings :-)

And thank you - my alcohol ink arrived today :-)

Shazza said...

I think they look great Jennie
x

camcraft said...

Oooh Fabulous :-) Sorry was AWOL yesterday - had to cook for 30!!!
Carole x

Sian said...

I love this. What a great use of the chipboard flowers.